This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All I want is Pokegen/RNG to exist for X/Y...

#21Vito219Posted 9/27/2013 8:12:05 AM
Why do people act like n one takes the time to legit breed. I'm patient enough to spend a day or two on a Pokemon, and when it comes to Shiny, yea they are nice but purely cosmetic, so who cares? if people want to use RNG or generate legitimate Pokemon, why does it matter as long as it's within playing rules.
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003
#22Peachrules14Posted 9/27/2013 8:12:40 AM
No. I used them in the past in order to keep up with the other people that cheated and used them. It really took the fun out of the game, having anything you want in under 5 minutes. Now that it is easier to train and hopefully breed Pokemon, there won't be a need for people to use these; I know that I will not be using them.
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
#23Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:14:52 AM
One, I don't think biking about makes me better than you. I think it makes me a hell of a lot less lazy than you though.

Two, the longer hacking is the norm the worse it will get. What if they fix/remove IVs, what then? You're so used to hacking that you'll still do it then and just come up with a different excuse.

Sorry I want people to actually play the game, sorry that's somehow elitist.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#24ryudin89Posted 9/27/2013 8:15:21 AM
lavos24551h posted...
but unless roms/emulators and/or F-carts work for 3ds/3ds games at some point, i dont see Pokegen returning cus you typically need to export savegame data for that and you cant do that easily or maybe at all with a retail game cart,

Well since there is a flashcart that works out and people can data mine I'm pretty sure that we'll see a return of gen and Pokegts pretty soon after release.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#25SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 8:19:59 AM
Apparently ITT: Cheating is alright in a game as long as you don't get an unfair advantage. Ok then, I'll take just enough steroids to not have to work out at all and go play in the NBA. Yep, there's nothing wrong with that because I didn't take enough steroids to be any better than any of the other players. I just skipped all of the working out and exercise.

-_-
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#26MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 8:21:05 AM
Peachrules14 posted...
No. I used them in the past in order to keep up with the other people that cheated and used them. It really took the fun out of the game, having anything you want in under 5 minutes. Now that it is easier to train and hopefully breed Pokemon, there won't be a need for people to use these; I know that I will not be using them.

Even if hacking was not available, there would always be that one person who has all the time in the world to play pokemon and would have perfect pokemon faster than anyone else. THAT is what is truly unfair with the system and is why pokegen exists. It should be more accessible for everyone so that the competitive scene is bursting with players of all skill levels.

Having more free time than someone is not an indicator of skill. And I find it pretty hard to believe that the 'fun' of the game is literally riding a trench in the ground with your bike for hours. No... the fun is battling with your pokemon, not training them.

And just in case it wasn't clear, completing the main game is so far off of what we are discussing. This is and has always been about pokegen'ing pokemon for the purpose of competitive, online battling. Not speeding through the main game... and that doesn't exactly affect anyone but the individual player anyway.
#27Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:25:29 AM(edited)
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Apparently ITT: Cheating is alright in a game as long as you don't get an unfair advantage. Ok then, I'll take just enough steroids to not have to work out at all and go play in the NBA. Yep, there's nothing wrong with that because I didn't take enough steroids to be any better than any of the other players. I just skipped all of the working out and exercise.

-_-

This is how I feel about it, but I just get the "Sorry I don't want to bike back and forth" argument.

Sorry, but that's how the game works.
---
#28MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 8:33:14 AM
Kinneth123 posted...

-_-

This is how I feel about it, but I just the "Sorry I don't want to bike back and forth" argument.

..um... no kidding? We know thats how the game works, we're saying its flawed. It's not a game if you have to spend literally hundreds of hours riding back and forth in the same area. That isn't gameplay. Thats a job. I have a job, two of them, in fact, and I make money doing them. You are basically telling me that it 'sucks to be me' and I don't deserve to have a shot in the competitive scene because I can't put in the time to train my pokemon.

-Yes, it takes hundreds of hours. No, this isn't an exaggeration. If you don't believe this is true, then you have not actually gone to the lengths necessary to train pokemon for competitive play. You have accepted 'good IVs' rather than perfect ones. Purposely taking a handicap and saying its okay.
-You don't understand what it means to be competitive. You believe that you can compensate for skill with strong pokemon, or that you can compensate for weaker pokemon with skill. No. To compete and rise to the top is to be the best in BOTH skill and pokemon. It isn't a matter of one or the other, it's BOTH or GTFO.
-Your stance on the matter is to not change anything out of ignorance and hatred for the opposing community. You would prefer to impede change rather than accept any of the proposed ideas that would avoid impacting anyone negatively and make the game better for everyone.

And then you wonder why the 'pro IV' crowd is elitist. Get a life, seriously.
#29SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 8:33:17 AM
Kinneth123 posted...

-_-

This is how I feel about it, but I just get the "Sorry I don't want to bike back and forth" argument.

It makes me wonder why there aren't more topics complaining about crit hits or confusion/paralysis. Since they're random too and apparently it's "unfair" to have random things. Someone should just make a battle sim without any random effects at all so people can see how boring it really is.

If someone wants to play a game where both sides are on the same playing field then play a fighting game. If you want random things that you can't control that might or might not end up in your favor then play Pokemon.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#30Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:38:50 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

-_-

This is how I feel about it, but I just the "Sorry I don't want to bike back and forth" argument.

..um... no kidding? We know thats how the game works, we're saying its flawed. It's not a game if you have to spend literally hundreds of hours riding back and forth in the same area. That isn't gameplay. Thats a job. I have a job, two of them, in fact, and I make money doing them. You are basically telling me that it 'sucks to be me' and I don't deserve to have a shot in the competitive scene because I can't put in the time to train my pokemon.

-Yes, it takes hundreds of hours. No, this isn't an exaggeration. If you don't believe this is true, then you have not actually gone to the lengths necessary to train pokemon for competitive play. You have accepted 'good IVs' rather than perfect ones. Purposely taking a handicap and saying its okay.
-You don't understand what it means to be competitive. You believe that you can compensate for skill with strong pokemon, or that you can compensate for weaker pokemon with skill. No. To compete and rise to the top is to be the best in BOTH skill and pokemon. It isn't a matter of one or the other, it's BOTH or GTFO.
-Your stance on the matter is to not change anything out of ignorance and hatred for the opposing community. You would prefer to impede change rather than accept any of the proposed ideas that would avoid impacting anyone negatively and make the game better for everyone.

And then you wonder why the 'pro IV' crowd is elitist. Get a life, seriously.

I'm not opposed to change, I'm opposed to cheating, blaming it on everyone but yourself, and acting like it's justified.

You're not supposed to be competition-ready in seconds. No other game lets you do that.

Even in games with instant multiplayer, you usually have to train before you can be good.

With Pokemon using your external devices, you can just plug in exactly what you need and have it in seconds.

It's cheating.

Candy-coat it all you like, but it's cheating.
---