This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All I want is Pokegen/RNG to exist for X/Y...

#31MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 8:39:28 AM
That other topic about IV praisers being ignorant is absolutely true. Zero grasp on what competitive play actually is, probably zero experience in competitive play - only what they THINK is competitive play, and a desire to obstruct change that would not actually affect them and only serve to make the game better.
#32Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:43:54 AM
Oh, and I'm elitist?

Listen to yourselves.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#33SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 8:45:30 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
That other topic about IV praisers being ignorant is absolutely true. Zero grasp on what competitive play actually is, probably zero experience in competitive play - only what they THINK is competitive play, and a desire to obstruct change that would not actually affect them and only serve to make the game better.

If you're talking about me, then I was 4-0 at a VGC Regionals before I had to leave. And I was 33-3 at the last online VGC tournament I was in. You kind of have to know at least a little bit about competitive Pokemon to do that. ~_^
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#34ryudin89Posted 9/27/2013 8:45:31 AM
Is this really about to turn into an argument over this? Guys it's just a video game, who cares what people choose to do with the games they spend their money on?
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#35SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 8:47:07 AM
ryudin89 posted...
Is this really about to turn into an argument over this? Guys it's just a video game, who cares what people choose to do with the games they spend their money on?

I don't really care about this. In a few hours I'll be onto something else and will have almost forgotten about this topic. I'm just passing the time by posting here. :p
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#36Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:49:35 AM
ryudin89 posted...

I just... I don't know.

I want to get more into the metagame, but it's depressing to think that nobody else actually trains anymore.

You should have to train to be able to compete, that's how everything works.

I don't really want to argue, I'm just a little tired of standing alone on this viewpoint.
---
#37MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 8:53:21 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
I'm not opposed to change, I'm opposed to cheating, blaming it on everyone but yourself, and acting like it's justified.

Cheating that doesn't actually affect you in any way. You just want people to play YOUR way because... well thats elitist. That is the very definition of it. You believe your way is the only way it should be done. You're the one blaming everyone for cheating and justifying it probably out of a misguided sense of right and wrong. It's naive childishness.

You're not supposed to be competition-ready in seconds. No other game lets you do that. Even in games with instant multiplayer, you usually have to train before you can be good.

Name a fighting game where you have to fight to beef up Ryu's muscles until you max it out... or a fighting game where one person's Mario does slightly more damage with his uppercut than another person playing as Mario. No. You get exactly what everyone else gets from the moment you start playing. Being experienced by battling is where the time sink should occur, because you will get better while PLAYING and not WORKING. Pokemon is one of a kind, you have to WORK to get the same pokemon as everyone else, and then you have to battle to get any kind of skill like other competitive games.

With Pokemon using your external devices, you can just plug in exactly what you need and have it in seconds.

And with the previous Street Fighter or Smash Bros examples... I have exactly what I need before I even turn on my game. The characters are there and are all the same for everyone. Whether I have to play a bit to unlock them is another story but the balance of the game is built around the entire roster anyway.

You have absolutely zero concept of competitive battling. You are trying to tell me that all I need to win are perfect IV pokemon.

It's cheating.

Candy-coat it all you like, but it's cheating.

HOW is this not elitist? Why do you care if someone else cheats when it doesn't impact you? You can get the same pokemon YOUR way and we can get the same pokemon OUR way. You are trying to push your way onto us because you think it should be the only way its done in your eyes. WE want accessibility for everyone. You say it like cheating is a bad thing - i.e. this is a matter of good vs evil - i.e. a child's way of viewing the world.

It's not a bad thing, and we are going to continue to play the way we want to and not impose our way of playing onto you like you absolutely have to do it our way. THAT would be evil of us.
#38ArchSublimePosted 9/27/2013 8:55:34 AM
There should definitely be a "don't care" option to this poll.
---
08/28/2013-The day I was officially dubbed an "internet Tough Guy"!
#39Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 8:56:55 AM
You're not supposed to be competition-ready in seconds. No other game lets you do that. Even in games with instant multiplayer, you usually have to train before you can be good.

Name a fighting game where you have to fight to beef up Ryu's muscles until you max it out... or a fighting game where one person's Mario does slightly more damage with his uppercut than another person playing as Mario. No. You get exactly what everyone else gets from the moment you start playing. Being experienced by battling is where the time sink should occur, because you will get better while PLAYING and not WORKING. Pokemon is one of a kind, you have to WORK to get the same pokemon as everyone else, and then you have to battle to get any kind of skill like other competitive games.

Street Fighter is a fighting game, Pokemon is an RPG.

You EARN your strength in an RPG by WORKING.
---
#40fahademonPosted 9/27/2013 8:59:43 AM
I dont use Pokegen/RNG abuse and I know that this system is flawed.I spent a little over 100 hours trying to breed a perfect Aerodactyl in BW.Yeah,I never got one.This isnt "working hard".As I've said before,getting a pokemon with the right IVs,Ability AND Nature takes more(or just as much) luck than winning a lottery. >_>

And its not cheating.Its speeding things up.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.