This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All I want is Pokegen/RNG to exist for X/Y...

#41SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 9:01:08 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
Name a fighting game where you have to fight to beef up Ryu's muscles until you max it out..

Street Fighter Alpha 3's World Tour mode. 8D
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#42lavos24551hPosted 9/27/2013 9:03:10 AM
look Skitty, your viewpoint is flawed, im not going to go into a massive rant directly at you as to why, but you are making a blanket-statement about cheating

heres a really simple explanation for you as to why some people choose to do it: time

did you ever think some of us dont have days on end to devote to playing a game? perhaps some of us have friends/family/jobs ya know, something typically called A LIFE?

also the Steroids/Sports comparison is such a terrible one, for one thing, its not illegal to create custom pokemon within legit boundaries cus yoru not harming anyone else or their enjoyment, it is illegal however to take steroids to improve your natural abilities, steroids DO give you an edge because they make it easier to win, cheating legit pokemon DOES NOT because it doesnt help you win at all whatsoever

get it thru your thick skulls you select some (you know who you are) cheating isnt what it used to be in gaming anymore, especially pokemon, and with Nintendo putting a sort of Regulation system in place on Nintendo Wifi Connection to prevent non-legit pokemon from entering wifi regardless if its for trade or battle, you have no legit excuse to say "cheaters are bad and thats all of it" cus the cheaters who can get on wifi cant cheat in a way that puts you at a TRUE disadvantage or gives them an edge

if you lose to a cheater, just man up, accept your loss and get over it, chances are the person was more skilled in combo with his pokemon being what they were, and you got outplayed

but isnt that how win and loss in games is SUPPOSED to work? the better-skilled player wins?

but cheats arent what make us better as ive said in past posts in here, if anything, cheats are more of a hinderence, cus if a person is new to pokemon and starts cheating immediatly, they wont learn the inner workings of the game thus they will lack developed experience and/or skill

cheating only truly benefits those of us who know our way around pokemon games because weve been around long enough, and those benefits dont guarantee an easy victory, far from it
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720
#43MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 9:03:27 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
You're not supposed to be competition-ready in seconds. No other game lets you do that. Even in games with instant multiplayer, you usually have to train before you can be good.

Name a fighting game where you have to fight to beef up Ryu's muscles until you max it out... or a fighting game where one person's Mario does slightly more damage with his uppercut than another person playing as Mario. No. You get exactly what everyone else gets from the moment you start playing. Being experienced by battling is where the time sink should occur, because you will get better while PLAYING and not WORKING. Pokemon is one of a kind, you have to WORK to get the same pokemon as everyone else, and then you have to battle to get any kind of skill like other competitive games.

Street Fighter is a fighting game, Pokemon is an RPG.

You EARN your strength in an RPG by WORKING.

You make my brain hurt. You directly use the term working in a video game. You acknowledge the fact that you have to work in a video game and act like thats no problem.

And I don't know of any other competitive RPGs like pokemon. Even if you want to count MMORPGs and their PvP systems.. you get better gear by actually playing, it's an enjoyable experience. Riding a bike up and down a linear path for hours is not fun in any stretch of the concept. You try to tell me that I shouldn't be competitive ready in seconds and that 'no other game lets you do that'. Humor me. Please list games that are like Pokemon in that you have to work before you can play on even terms with the competition. There are none. What sort of argument is that?
#44Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 9:05:39 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
Kinneth123 posted...
You're not supposed to be competition-ready in seconds. No other game lets you do that. Even in games with instant multiplayer, you usually have to train before you can be good.

Name a fighting game where you have to fight to beef up Ryu's muscles until you max it out... or a fighting game where one person's Mario does slightly more damage with his uppercut than another person playing as Mario. No. You get exactly what everyone else gets from the moment you start playing. Being experienced by battling is where the time sink should occur, because you will get better while PLAYING and not WORKING. Pokemon is one of a kind, you have to WORK to get the same pokemon as everyone else, and then you have to battle to get any kind of skill like other competitive games.

You make my brain hurt. You directly use the term working in a video game. You acknowledge the fact that you have to work in a video game and act like thats no problem.

And I don't know of any other competitive RPGs like pokemon. Even if you want to count MMORPGs and their PvP systems.. you get better gear by actually playing, it's an enjoyable experience. Riding a bike up and down a linear path for hours is not fun in any stretch of the concept. You try to tell me that I shouldn't be competitive ready in seconds and that 'no other game lets you do that'. Humor me. Please list games that are like Pokemon in that you have to work before you can play on even terms with the competition. There are none. What sort of argument is that?

You can't use good gear in an MMORPG right away, you have to grind to be able to hold it. You're going to tell me grinding is always fun? No, but it's how you get to be fighting-fit.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#45MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 9:07:58 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

You can't use good gear in an MMORPG right away, you have to grind to be able to hold it. You're going to tell me grinding is always fun? No, but it's how you get to be fighting-fit.

.... I dont ride a mount from point A to point B to generate gear that MIGHT be good enough to use... you get the gear by playing the game... by fighting other players not only are you learning the game bit by bit and how to handle other classes, but you are getting better gear over time... the rise to power is included in the gameplay... this does not apply to pokemon
#46WobbuffetGodPosted 9/27/2013 9:11:34 AM
MogKnightAzure posted...
Why do you care if someone else cheats when it doesn't impact you? You can get the same pokemon YOUR way and we can get the same pokemon OUR way. You are trying to push your way onto us because you think it should be the only way its done in your eyes. WE want accessibility for everyone. You say it like cheating is a bad thing - i.e. this is a matter of good vs evil - i.e. a child's way of viewing the world.

While I honestly don't care what you do when you are playing just for fun, if you are competing in any sort of tournament or competition, than this is being arrogant. I want to play the right way, so I spend hours training and training to get a perfect team, but I shouldn't be upset when I lose out on a prize to a guy who put no effort in? Since people love using analogies, especially to sports and steroids, let me give one. Hell, not even an analogy, but an actual real life story.

For those of you who pay attention to baseball, you may know that not so long ago a bunch of players were suspended for supposed steroid use based on info from the Biogenesis clinic. One interesting story that came out of this was the response that one other player gave via Twitter. Apparently, one of the suspended players had been using steroids when he was in the minor leagues, and that season, he barely beat out another player for a spot on the major league roster. He wasn't necessarily any more fit than the guy he beat, but he didn't have to train as hard. If you don't know this, when you make it to the major leagues, your salary increases exponentially. So, while, by cheating, this player did not necessarily make the playing field unlevel, he did let himself compete with less effort on his own part, and in doing so, possibly cost someone else a significant amount of money. I don't remember off the top of my head the names, but I could look them up if anyone cares enough.

So, how does this tie back in to Pokemon? Well, its the same thing, really. Yes, the game is separate from the training, and it is possible to have a level playing field regardless of how you trained, but if you did something the legal way, and someone else cheats, and that person ends up beating you for a prize, you are not going to just accept it. There is a right way and a wrong way, and the fact that doing it the right way is hard is not an excuse to cheat. Remember, you are called a Pokemon TRAINER. Not a Pokemon batter. Do your job.

Again, remember, this only really applies for competitions where there is something on the line. In a casual battle how you got your Pokemon is unimportant. But if there is a competition with something on the line and there are rules against something, ignoring the rules is cheating. Period. In such a case, hacking in legal Pokemon is no different than adding Wonder Guard to your entire team. Breaking rules is cheating. Simple as that.
#47SpacePirateKhanPosted 9/27/2013 9:12:18 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
MogKnightAzure posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

Lol, yeah, but MMORPG is the worst genre of gaming. Competition of who has the most free time is asinine.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan from Rosetown, 4184-1827-7503
#48Kinneth123Posted 9/27/2013 9:13:00 AM
I guess we're just not going to agree, but I can see that trying to press my viewpoint was unfair. Sorry if I've come off elitist in any of my responses, I just really don't think you need external devices to play a game. Perhaps everyone would be happier if they'd just remove the IVs, then there wouldn't be any of the cheating I don't like and the tedium you don't like.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#49KK_the_SliderPosted 9/27/2013 9:13:50 AM
You can't have a game that has randomness with out there being RNG, so that will never go.
#50SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/27/2013 9:15:02 AM
lavos24551h posted...
look Skitty, your viewpoint is flawed, im not going to go into a massive rant directly at you as to why, but you are making a blanket-statement about cheating

I could also make a long quote string about everything you just said (and I must admit that I was about to). But that won't change either of our view's on this. I don't feel like making the same argument every time someone decides to bring up this topic.

Good day my good sirs.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\