This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got home from gamestop.

#11deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:02:03 AM
There was/is a company that tried to charge people for fresh water in a 3rd world country. Gamestop is not that bad
---
Boy:Cream?
Girl:No thank you. I take it black, *sips coffee* like my men.
#12NaughtyGhostPosted 9/27/2013 8:05:34 AM
Nice legs :D
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#13deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:07:08 AM
Lol thanks. You should see me in my black chinos >_>
---
#14lavos24551hPosted 9/27/2013 8:09:59 AM
bad try at a comparison, cus gamestop isnt a 3rd-world company, they also practically own a monopoly on the game-sale industry which with their sets of standards is a VERY bad thing for us consumers/gamers/customers

in a way its like Paypal, Paypal has hurt far more people than its helped in the last several years and anyone who has a sudden influx or expenditure of cash is likeyl to have their account put in lockdown cus paypal deems all their customers "guilty till proven innocent" thus they assume oyur doing something illegal

but paypal also owns a monopoly on e-commerce, and theyve even screwed me over as a customer when nothing illegal/fraudulent was done nor was there even an increase in expenditure, but thats what happenss when its the employees at paypal thaat make the decision to ruin your day because their irresponsible and because paypal has all the power of a bank but none of the responsibility or government-instituted regulations to keep stuff in check

but paypal is the only accepted method for many online payments, i havent been to ebay in a long time because paypal is keeping me away (by my own choice)

so yeah, paypal and gamestop, probly 2 of the worst companies on the planet atm as far as non-3rd-world stuff

theres 1 more company i can name but id prefer to stop going off-topic
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720
#15deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:13:36 AM
lavos24551h posted...
bad try at a comparison, cus gamestop isnt a 3rd-world company, they also practically own a monopoly on the game-sale industry which with their sets of standards is a VERY bad thing for us consumers/gamers/customers

in a way its like Paypal, Paypal has hurt far more people than its helped in the last several years and anyone who has a sudden influx or expenditure of cash is likeyl to have their account put in lockdown cus paypal deems all their customers "guilty till proven innocent" thus they assume oyur doing something illegal

but paypal also owns a monopoly on e-commerce, and theyve even screwed me over as a customer when nothing illegal/fraudulent was done nor was there even an increase in expenditure, but thats what happenss when its the employees at paypal thaat make the decision to ruin your day because their irresponsible and because paypal has all the power of a bank but none of the responsibility or government-instituted regulations to keep stuff in check

but paypal is the only accepted method for many online payments, i havent been to ebay in a long time because paypal is keeping me away (by my own choice)

so yeah, paypal and gamestop, probly 2 of the worst companies on the planet atm as far as non-3rd-world stuff

theres 1 more company i can name but id prefer to stop going off-topic

No, no, no. This was and still is a very powerful company. They went to the third world country on some business venture, they were able to purify water because it ran through their water purifier and then they tried to charge the people in that country for drinking water. This water wasn't bottled, but they still tried to charge for something that anybody can get.
---
#16MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/27/2013 8:26:47 AM
GameStop has a perfectly fine return policy for used anything. So, your point is moot on that.

Only some games, and systems, have a VERY limited window of opportunity for preorders. This isn't usually GameStop's fault, it's the publisher of the game itself, and is due to high demand. Some preorders sell out sooner than others, and some never sell out at all.

They are not supposed to sell preorders to people that didn't preorder. Some stores have varying policies on preorders, but you do have a limited time, and that makes sense. You get your money back though, and it's your fault if you couldn't pick it up when it came out. Some stores allow up to 2 weeks, and more than few will work with you, if you call them, and tell them you need more time.

They do make mistakes, obviously, and yes, buying out new games, and selling them as used at a mark-up, is pretty shady, but most of your complaints, as well as others, are pointless, and the faults lie on a few employees/customers, rather than the company as a whole.

Also, before any complains about how pushy they are about preorders, it's their job to push them. When you work, you have to do your job, but the customer can say no. I almost never get hassled at my local GS, they know when I come in that I know what I want, and I intend to get that and only that.
#17NaughtyGhostPosted 9/27/2013 8:34:37 AM

You're right, I should. :D pics!
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#18deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:34:56 AM
I've personally never had a problem with gamestop. I guess ot all depends on the people that work there.
---
#19deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:37:44 AM
NaughtyGhost posted...

You're right, I should. :D pics!

Never. I'm too self concious >_>
---
#20nimerjm37Posted 9/27/2013 8:38:41 AM
I think peoples' opinion on Gamestop is not so much about the company itself, but the Gamestop location they frequent most often.

North of Atlanta, I used to go to a Gamestop that was staffed by friendly, non-pushy people who genuinely liked working there. I moved to another area, near a Gamestop full staffed entirely by jerks and.. GFAQs will mod me if I use the words that need to be used about those people.

Now that I live in midtown Atlanta, the Gamestop near me (Howell Mill) is great. Nice people, not pushy... they understand that I do reviews and often have games long before they do, so they don't hassle me to preorder. Its the best Gamestop I've ever been inside, and I loyally purchase nearly all my new games (the ones I want but don't get for review) from them.

My opinion of Gamestop as a company was high at first, then low when the Gamestop near me sucked. Now it is pretty favorable again because I frequent a good location.

Maybe that's just me.
---
Finally caught 'em all: http://imgur.com/a/i3b4T
My Dragonball Z tattoos: http://imgur.com/a/K5b24