This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got home from gamestop.

#21chronifused2Posted 9/27/2013 8:55:48 AM
nimerjm37 posted...
I think peoples' opinion on Gamestop is not so much about the company itself, but the Gamestop location they frequent most often.

North of Atlanta, I used to go to a Gamestop that was staffed by friendly, non-pushy people who genuinely liked working there. I moved to another area, near a Gamestop full staffed entirely by jerks and.. GFAQs will mod me if I use the words that need to be used about those people.

Now that I live in midtown Atlanta, the Gamestop near me (Howell Mill) is great. Nice people, not pushy... they understand that I do reviews and often have games long before they do, so they don't hassle me to preorder. Its the best Gamestop I've ever been inside, and I loyally purchase nearly all my new games (the ones I want but don't get for review) from them.

My opinion of Gamestop as a company was high at first, then low when the Gamestop near me sucked. Now it is pretty favorable again because I frequent a good location.

Maybe that's just me.

This guy get's it
I have about 3 locations in my area 1 is fantastically amazing 1 is solid and respectable the other is that cousin you wish you didn't have
---
Somewhere, Gamefreak employees are reading the topics on this board and laughing.-themagicpainman
3DS FC: 1349-4578-3440
#22Rogue MuttPosted 9/27/2013 8:59:50 AM
deidara21 posted...
NaughtyGhost posted...
Lol thanks. You should see me in my black chinos >_>

You're right, I should. :D pics!

Never. I'm too self concious >_>

This is getting weird . . .

or is it getting good?

Either way, I don't want any part in it.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#23deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:01:14 AM
Lol.
---
Boy:Cream?
Girl:No thank you. I take it black, *sips coffee* like my men.
#24lavos24551hPosted 9/27/2013 9:13:53 AM
Chron, thats not exactly true

because you have to realize, if a gamestop screws you or not is all dictated by what the District Manager tells the individual local stores to do, so if you get a bad district manager, then the orders from up-high that person gets reflect on the local stores

also, most of the bad stuff that gamestop does and gets hated for isnt at all because of the store itself or the local low-ranking employees, because the employees are ordered to do those things form the higher-ups, and if you dont do what your tasked with at a job, you get fired

gamestops high-end people ordered one famous youtubers town to NOT sell Nintendo Wiis to ANYONE even though they had several in the back of the store, because they wanted people to spam-buy them on Black Friday, mind you this youtuber was an employee there at the tiiem, they got an email from the higher-ups beyond even the District Manager telling them to do that

so for over 2 weeks people went into that gamestop looking to buy a wii only to be lied to and told "we dont have any" just cus the higher-ups decreed it, and the employees knew it, but they were helpless cus if they resisted they were liable to get fired

so if you have a good gamestop near you, great, but that doesnt mean the company is any better since all the BS that happens is BECAUSE of the company and what its higher-ups demand the lower-rank employees do, so its not the people working at your local store that decide if you get screwed or not, its the people those people have to answer to

its a corrupt system overall, and what do you do when a powerful group or company starts being a detriment to those they claim to serve? you hope they get removed from power

the gamestops here used to be awesome too, then it all started changing from the corporate level and went down the employee-foodchain and now all 3 local stores surprisingly within a few blocks of each other are total trash and screwing customers left and right, they used to be good, but that was a long time ago, probly when the company on the corporate level wasnt corrupt
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720
#25XereintPosted 9/27/2013 9:19:07 AM
Looks sleek!
---
Searching for All-ice
#26BikkiBikkiPosted 9/27/2013 9:20:10 AM
I'm hoping they have some left later on today since I can't go till then. Lady at my GS said there was 10 copies left when I went at night yesterday.
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#27deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:21:28 AM
Xereint posted...
Looks sleek!

Yea the screen feels nice and the extra size and weight is much better than the original 3DS.

Also I have a tech question for you guys. I want to buy a wireless router, but do I need a laptop/computer for it to work or can I just hook it up to my router and it will work fine?
---
#28Sticky_DerpPosted 9/27/2013 9:23:24 AM
poor lavos world's out to get ya buddy everything's a big conspiracy and everyone should stay inside [preferably with a rock over them] and just shudder
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#29M4nnimalPosted 9/27/2013 9:28:06 AM
I was also surprised by how small the box was for my Animal Crossing: NL 3DS XL, I guess that's how Nintendo always releases special edition XLs?
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#30deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:35:38 AM
Someone answer my question please >_> I'm technologically challeneged sometimes
---