This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got home from gamestop.

#31deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:06:56 PM
Bump so someone can answer my question, please.
---
Boy:Cream?
Girl:No thank you. I take it black, *sips coffee* like my men.
#32aDirtyShisnoPosted 9/27/2013 5:16:04 PM
deidara21 posted...
Someone answer my question please >_> I'm technologically challeneged sometimes

You are almost certainly going to need to plug in your computer into the router at least once via an ethernet cable to set up your router.
---
...and he was never heard from again.
#33DarkHeroRavenPosted 9/27/2013 5:24:02 PM
Niiiiiiiice. But stop making me want it, I already have a 3DS and don't want to shell out for another one D:
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#34Zarren364Posted 9/27/2013 5:34:55 PM
That's the XL, right? How does the plastic feel? Is it as durable as the regular 3DS? I've wanted to pick an XL up, but the one reason I love the 3DS so much is how it's really solid.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#35deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:07:29 PM
aDirtyShisno posted...
deidara21 posted...
Someone answer my question please >_> I'm technologically challeneged sometimes

You are almost certainly going to need to plug in your computer into the router at least once via an ethernet cable to set up your router.

To set up what though? Passwords? Name?
---
#36deidara21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:08:53 PM
Zarren364 posted...
That's the XL, right? How does the plastic feel? Is it as durable as the regular 3DS? I've wanted to pick an XL up, but the one reason I love the 3DS so much is how it's really solid.

It feels very durable, more so than the original. It's much heavier, which I like, and open and closing it feels safer, if you understand what I mean. Alsi the plastic feels good, no complaints there
---
#37tidus55Posted 9/27/2013 7:29:17 PM
lavos24551h posted...
well i hope you enjoy the system, i got an XL metallic red many months ago, wish i had gotten a normal 3ds but eh, not about to scrap a $220 purchase, but if you ask me, gamestop can go burn

they rip off so many people and have so many business practices that make the whole "power to the players" slogan an insult to their customers

ii mean who else would have you go into a store to pre-order a game a month ahead of time, then if you dont come to pick it up at zero-hour on release day right as the store opens, they raffle off any preorder bonuses to any ol chap who walks into the store to buy a copy despite not pre-ordering it

and their statement about guaranteeing Used games work because they test them? false

they dont even test the used games or systems people sell them

so its very possible to either luck out with a working copy, or get totally screwed because someone sold em a copy likely knowing it no longer worked or worked properly

last used console i bought was a PS2, the guy who owned it before actually managed to break the metal and plastic tip off the PS2-input end of the power cord somehow, and soldered the dang thing, was hard to get it to fit in the PS2, and even then, the PS2 suffered insane heat issues

yet they sold it to me without a second thought, so i turned it bacck around on them, they had a deal going to trade in a PS2 and 5 games for a masssive amount of credit towards a PS3, so i did, and walked out wwith a PS3 after giving them back the piece of crap they tried to sell me

not to mention something they recently got caught doing, they were buying New copies of an old PS1 game iirc that were being re-printed from the maker due to high demand cus poeple were payin upwards of $100 off resellers like Amazon and Ebay just to get their hands on a New copy, gamestop took these reprinted New copies after buyin em for mint retail price (aka cheap), opened em up, took out the manual and removed the wrap, then sold them as Used, why? cus they cant change the price of a New game, but they have jurisdiction over how much a Used game sells for, so they took these new games and sold them as Used just so they could jack up the price to make profit, so they were selling em for like $100 when the MSRP for a New was like $35

but since they couldnt dictate the price of a New copy, they faked them being Used so they could get away with it

gamestop is a horrible company, thats why i use Amazon, only time i ever use Gamestop anymore is for already-released New games cus thats the only way i can trust their products, but for pre-orders or used i go to Amazon which has yet to let me down even on Used retro games/systems from 13+ years ago

Sounds like it may just be the gamestop in your neck of the woods....I've traded in a Xbox 360 and a PS3 before and both times they've made sure the console worked 100%, turn it on, check the ports, chords, disc trays, made sure it played games fine, etc. etc., and I've traded in many games and they've always checked the discs extensively...
---
PSN:Tidus0550
add me if you like, just put GFAQS in the message.
#38FurryyifferPosted 9/27/2013 7:48:44 PM
tidus55 posted...
lavos24551h posted...
well i hope you enjoy the system, i got an XL metallic red many months ago, wish i had gotten a normal 3ds but eh, not about to scrap a $220 purchase, but if you ask me, gamestop can go burn

they rip off so many people and have so many business practices that make the whole "power to the players" slogan an insult to their customers

ii mean who else would have you go into a store to pre-order a game a month ahead of time, then if you dont come to pick it up at zero-hour on release day right as the store opens, they raffle off any preorder bonuses to any ol chap who walks into the store to buy a copy despite not pre-ordering it

and their statement about guaranteeing Used games work because they test them? false

they dont even test the used games or systems people sell them

so its very possible to either luck out with a working copy, or get totally screwed because someone sold em a copy likely knowing it no longer worked or worked properly

last used console i bought was a PS2, the guy who owned it before actually managed to break the metal and plastic tip off the PS2-input end of the power cord somehow, and soldered the dang thing, was hard to get it to fit in the PS2, and even then, the PS2 suffered insane heat issues

yet they sold it to me without a second thought, so i turned it bacck around on them, they had a deal going to trade in a PS2 and 5 games for a masssive amount of credit towards a PS3, so i did, and walked out wwith a PS3 after giving them back the piece of crap they tried to sell me

not to mention something they recently got caught doing, they were buying New copies of an old PS1 game iirc that were being re-printed from the maker due to high demand cus poeple were payin upwards of $100 off resellers like Amazon and Ebay just to get their hands on a New copy, gamestop took these reprinted New copies after buyin em for mint retail price (aka cheap), opened em up, took out the manual and removed the wrap, then sold them as Used, why? cus they cant change the price of a New game, but they have jurisdiction over how much a Used game sells for, so they took these new games and sold them as Used just so they could jack up the price to make profit, so they were selling em for like $100 when the MSRP for a New was like $35

but since they couldnt dictate the price of a New copy, they faked them being Used so they could get away with it

gamestop is a horrible company, thats why i use Amazon, only time i ever use Gamestop anymore is for already-released New games cus thats the only way i can trust their products, but for pre-orders or used i go to Amazon which has yet to let me down even on Used retro games/systems from 13+ years ago

Sounds like it may just be the gamestop in your neck of the woods....I've traded in a Xbox 360 and a PS3 before and both times they've made sure the console worked 100%, turn it on, check the ports, chords, disc trays, made sure it played games fine, etc. etc., and I've traded in many games and they've always checked the discs extensively...

They did the same with me when I went to sell my 360. They took it and plugged it in right then and there, checked all the ports, made sure everything worked and tried several games to make sure. They were very thorough. And honestly pre order bonuses are first come first serve type of deal, if you dont come soon enough and they run out that's more on you. And I have no idea what companies are re printing old PS1 games these days nor what gamestop they are talking about as most that Ive been to dont even sell PS1 games anymore :/
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.