This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't it kinda lame that Poke Transporter doesn't support Gen IV?

#1Sticky_DerpPosted 9/27/2013 9:51:03 AM
They're all on the DS anyway.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#2jayman7Posted 9/27/2013 10:02:37 AM
Maybe they're concerned with the fourth gen's different TM system and the complications that would arise from trying to store those TMs?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 9/27/2013 10:03:40 AM
$$$

That's why.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#4FireSeerPosted 9/27/2013 10:04:44 AM
Immensely lame. For me my Pokemon Soul Silver still holds the majority of my legendaries and fighting Pokemon, so knowing I still have the rather annoying task of moving those to gen 5 just to then poke transport them is annoying.

I would be much more inclined to pay the $5 if I could transport from gen 4. But as it stands, i'll probably just leave them put.
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.
#5MM125Posted 9/27/2013 10:06:42 AM
jayman7 posted...
Maybe they're concerned with the fourth gen's different TM system and the complications that would arise from trying to store those TMs?

Gen IV-V just made it so you can't transfer items.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#6jayman7Posted 9/27/2013 10:07:28 AM
MM125 posted...
jayman7 posted...

Gen IV-V just made it so you can't transfer items.

Yes, but what if the Poke Transfer allows item transfer? It's an extra complication.

I don't know, I'm just trying to come up with a reason. I admit it's not a great reason.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 10:14:12 AM
Yeah, I'm sure there could be a provision preventing any complications, as there always have been.

I just think it's lame that you have to transfer an extra time to Gen V, when they should be able to allow for Gen IV.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#8Infinity_XPosted 9/27/2013 10:27:44 AM
I don't quite think it's about what they are allowing so much as it's what's in everyone's best interest. This feature is probably using things that only Gen V game cards can do. I half expected there not to be any transfers from old games because as of right now (and kinda still) I don't think there are any DS to 3DS connectivity games. 3DS' simply boot in a DS-mode kinda thing. Before we had the dual slots for GBA and DS, with nothing like that on 3DS; the cloud seems like the only way financially feasible. They probably started planning this with BW2 specifically.
#9Infinity_XPosted 9/27/2013 10:30:30 AM
Oh, sorry. It is kinda lame, doe.
#10FryDays5000Posted 9/27/2013 10:32:03 AM
It's either because of the Dsi/3DS-enhancements only the gen 5 games have, or to force people to buy gen 4's successor to make the fans realize that it's a "successor generation" that shouldn't be skipped for transfers even if it's same platform as last gen.

Im thinking both are the reasons.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076