This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't it kinda lame that Poke Transporter doesn't support Gen IV?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Isn't it kinda lame that Poke Transporter doesn't support Gen IV?

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
3 years ago#1
They're all on the DS anyway.
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#2
Maybe they're concerned with the fourth gen's different TM system and the complications that would arise from trying to store those TMs?
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#3
$$$

That's why.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF

User Info: FireSeer

FireSeer
3 years ago#4
Immensely lame. For me my Pokemon Soul Silver still holds the majority of my legendaries and fighting Pokemon, so knowing I still have the rather annoying task of moving those to gen 5 just to then poke transport them is annoying.

I would be much more inclined to pay the $5 if I could transport from gen 4. But as it stands, i'll probably just leave them put.
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.

User Info: MM125

MM125
3 years ago#5
jayman7 posted...
Maybe they're concerned with the fourth gen's different TM system and the complications that would arise from trying to store those TMs?

Gen IV-V just made it so you can't transfer items.
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#6
MM125 posted...
jayman7 posted...

Gen IV-V just made it so you can't transfer items.

Yes, but what if the Poke Transfer allows item transfer? It's an extra complication.

I don't know, I'm just trying to come up with a reason. I admit it's not a great reason.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
3 years ago#7
Yeah, I'm sure there could be a provision preventing any complications, as there always have been.

I just think it's lame that you have to transfer an extra time to Gen V, when they should be able to allow for Gen IV.
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89

User Info: Infinity_X

Infinity_X
3 years ago#8
I don't quite think it's about what they are allowing so much as it's what's in everyone's best interest. This feature is probably using things that only Gen V game cards can do. I half expected there not to be any transfers from old games because as of right now (and kinda still) I don't think there are any DS to 3DS connectivity games. 3DS' simply boot in a DS-mode kinda thing. Before we had the dual slots for GBA and DS, with nothing like that on 3DS; the cloud seems like the only way financially feasible. They probably started planning this with BW2 specifically.

User Info: Infinity_X

Infinity_X
3 years ago#9
Oh, sorry. It is kinda lame, doe.

User Info: FryDays5000

FryDays5000
3 years ago#10
It's either because of the Dsi/3DS-enhancements only the gen 5 games have, or to force people to buy gen 4's successor to make the fans realize that it's a "successor generation" that shouldn't be skipped for transfers even if it's same platform as last gen.

Im thinking both are the reasons.
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Isn't it kinda lame that Poke Transporter doesn't support Gen IV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived