This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel about strong NPCs having more than 6 pokemon?

#1DarkBuster22904Posted 9/27/2013 9:54:38 AM
Not as in having 8 on hand for a battle, but having multiple different pokemon that may or may not be on their team? The cap would still be six, but they have others that they may use depending on the battle. This would make it so rematches may not become as stale as quickly, as which pokemon they are carrying, and in what order would not necessarily be finite from match to match.
---
-DB
#2KitschgardenerPosted 9/27/2013 9:58:10 AM
Great. I would extend it to most trainers though, with different trainer classes having different pools to choose from.
#3Rook_the_RangerPosted 9/27/2013 10:00:49 AM
That would be really neat. It wouldn't be good in the current games because of EV training, but would work in Pokemon X and Y.
#4Phenom13Posted 9/27/2013 10:10:39 AM
I would go with making the strong NPCs have higher level pokemon based on the players current level than more choices of pokemon to use. If the players pokemon team averages out to a level of say 20, then have the NPC's pokemon average out to 25.
#5DarkBuster22904(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 1:31:34 PM
bump
---
-DB
#6SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/27/2013 1:33:01 PM
Sounds good. But let's give them 6 Pokemon to start. :)

And no more level 15+ stage 1 Bug Pokemon. I don't want to see a level 11 Scatterbug or w/e it's called.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#7Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 1:33:21 PM
You probably haven't been paying attention, because this already happens. Blue for instance replaces his Pidgeot with a Tyranitar.
#8DarkBuster22904(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 1:40:57 PM(edited)
Sloth9230 posted...
You probably haven't been paying attention, because this already happens. Blue for instance replaces his Pidgeot with a Tyranitar.

No need to be condescending, buddy.I have been paying attention, and what I'm suggesting it totally different from what you're talking about. You're refering to the second loadouts gym leaders use for rematch fights. They change their teams one time, and then the trainer has the second set of pokemon (the replacements), forever. What I'm arguing for is more than that. The ability for blue to have, say, 20 pokemon to draw on, only 6 of which will ever make up his team at any given time, and which 6 that is changes from battle to battle, as opposed to the current system, where he has one set of pokemon until X part of the game,then has a different set forever after.

in essence, give NPCs access to the PC so they can take pokemon in/out of rotation just as often as the PC might.
---
-DB
#9CharizardFirePosted 9/27/2013 1:39:53 PM

Actually, he replaced Pidgeot with Heracross. Tyranitar was Rhydon's replacement.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#10Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 1:41:08 PM
DarkBuster22904 posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

I have been paying attention. It happens once, and then the trainer has the second set of pokemon, eg. the replacements, forever. What I'm arguing foris more than that. The ability for blue to have, say, 20 pokemon to draw on, only 6 of which will ever make up his team at any given time, and which 6 that is changes from battle to battle, as opposed to the current system, where he has one set of pokemon until X part of the game,then has a different set forever after.

in essence, give NPCs access to the PC so they can take pokemon in/out of rotation just as often as the PC might.

:o
That would be cool :O