This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin's 2nd Evo Confirmed Grass/Dark?

#1BikkiBikkiPosted 9/27/2013 3:03:43 PM
So some guy posted this on 4chan -

"So, through some methods that aren't exactly legitimate (but aren't exactly blatantly illegal), I have actually played a bit of Pokemon Y. While I'm not going to leak everything I've encountered so far while playing about five hours in, there are some interesting tidbits I've come across which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. - I don't want to spoil the New Pokemon, but I power-leveled Chespin to its final form and I can confirm it is indeed Grass/Dark. It is a seriously powerful looking Pokemon, reminds me of Golbez from FFIV, but its 'Dex Entry mentions how it's frightening appearance scares others despite being extremely friendly, so it seems that it's an "ironic" Dark Pokemon like Absol that's just misunderstood. Two early game Pokemon I've come across is a Bug/Water Spider with a giant eye and a single tear drooping from it, with its little feet resembling eyelashes, and a Normal/Fighting Koala with ears shaped like hands, which I can confirm is indeed the one seen in the trailer in the Daycare Center. I've also ran into what appears to be pre-evolutions of Noivern and "Orotto".- There are truly a lot of Pokemon in this game, and going back through routes I've found myself running into different ones every-time I went through them it seemed. I've seen around 200 Pokemon and I only got to the Fifth Gym. The only Mega Pokemon I've encountered though is Mega Blaziken and Mega Mewtwo (Y) in a cutscene near the beginning, and Mega Mienshao which Korrina uses when you battle her. In the PokeDex though I've noticed certain Pokemon have an empty circular slot next to their name, and Mienshao has a colorful orb in the slot which clicking on allows me to view Mega Mienshao. Raichu, Golduck, Jynx, Octillery, Manetric, and Lopunny are all Pokemon I've encountered and see this slot, so I assume they have Mega Evolutions. "
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#2Tigo73Posted 9/27/2013 3:05:37 PM
Considering someone already has the game...yeah I donīt doubt this.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#3jayman7Posted 9/27/2013 3:05:49 PM
The Pokebeach leak is better evidence than this. But the Pokebeach leak is really good evidence all around, so that applies to anything less official than a screenshot, so that's not saying much.

More to the point is the fact that anyone can write anything in text and, unless they have something to back themselves up (as is the case with the Pokebeach leak), there's no reason to believe them.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4RahjikPosted 9/27/2013 3:07:07 PM
Umm... umm... please let this be TRUEEEEEE!!!!
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0691-7424-6296
Official Mawile of the Pokemon X and Y board!
#5SalsaSavantPosted 9/27/2013 3:07:24 PM
Pics or it's fake.

Never believe anything from 4Chan if it doesn't have proof.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#6Xeo352Posted 9/27/2013 3:08:20 PM
I'm still convinced he'll be grass/fighting. Quiladin doesn't make me think dark type at all.
#7TyranidomegaPosted 9/27/2013 3:09:43 PM
*looks up Golbez*

yes, Yes, YES

Absolutely please let this be true
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#8BikkiBikki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 3:15:45 PM
Considering there's pics of reviewers with the game box already, I'd say there's a good chance it's legit
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#9VideoGamer1990Posted 9/27/2013 3:17:02 PM
Man, October 12th cannot come fast enough, can it.
---
I got my wish for Breath of Fire VI.....but you know the rest. *sits in dark corner*
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641219
#10TyranidomegaPosted 9/27/2013 3:18:33 PM
After looking up the character on the wiki, I actually believe GF based Chespin off Golbez to make sense of the Dark type.

Very intimidating looking, but in actuality is very caring and kind
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.