This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people complain about old/new pokemon useage?

#1GeneralCortezPosted 9/27/2013 3:18:39 PM
Ive always made it a point in each new generation to use as many of the new Pokemon as I can

In fact, the only old ones I will use if I have a choice is Snorlax and Rotom. In Pokemon Platinum, I used Rapidash, but SHINY and well, aint no damn fire types in that game

But it seems like people complain about there being old pokemon everywhere in GSC. How about you catch them for the Pokedex, but, you know. Use the new ones?

Same thing goes for every other game

In Gen6, I plan on MAYBE using Bulbasaur along with Snorlax and Rotom(and I might drop Rotom since just 3 new Pokemon is too little), because well, Bulbasaur was my very first Pokemon
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/27/2013 3:23:07 PM
It will be awesome seeing them in 3D and by that i mean on the 3DS with new animations and Attack designs
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#3-hotdogturtle--Posted 9/27/2013 3:35:54 PM
people complain about there being old pokemon everywhere in GSC

No they don't.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#4CharizardFirePosted 9/27/2013 3:37:38 PM
In Pokemon Platinum, I used Rapidash, but SHINY and well, aint no damn fire types in that game

What are you talking about? It wasn't THAT difficult to find Houndour and Magmar.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 3:40:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6-hotdogturtle--Posted 9/27/2013 3:43:29 PM
The best way to seamlessly integrate a new group of creatures into an established group of old ones is to stop segregating them based on what game they started in and let them mix as soon as possible.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#7Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 3:43:29 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...

No they don't.

Oh yes I do. Psyduck, Magikarp, Geodude, and even Zubat(who I like) piss me off. I especially hated it in GSC because most of the Gen 2 pokemon were mediocre back then and so you had to end up using a lot of Gen 1 pokemon anyway.

I also hate when a lot of the new mons get pushed back to the post game instead of the returning ones. Where The F*** is my Houndoom dammit!!!
#8Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 3:46:28 PM
The best way to seamlessly integrate a new group of creatures into an established group of old ones is to stop segregating them based on what game they started in and let them mix as soon as possible.

Except segregating them makes sense because the pokemon you usually find before the post game are native to the region that you're playing in. Animals are segregated in the real world to y'now.
#9kingboo35Posted 9/27/2013 3:50:07 PM

No they don't.

---
Engage the lazer beam
#10GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:05:58 PM
Yes. People do. Ive seen it here

In fact, I just had someone go on about how RSE was great for not having many old Pokemon in it at the start.

And where the hell was Houndour and Magmar in Platinum? o_O I didnt know they were there

Still, I got a Shiny Ponyta, so epic win
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]