This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people complain about old/new pokemon useage?

#11RudokuPosted 9/27/2013 4:17:59 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
people complain about there being old pokemon everywhere in GSC

No they don't.

Oh yes I do. Psyduck, Magikarp, Geodude, and even Zubat(who I like) piss me off. I especially hated it in GSC because most of the Gen 2 pokemon were mediocre back then and so you had to end up using a lot of Gen 1 pokemon anyway.

I also hate when a lot of the new mons get pushed back to the post game instead of the returning ones. Where The F*** is my Houndoom dammit!!!

Yeah but we're a minority. Everyone else just fangasms over it, despite the many problems that even HG/SS couldn't/didn't want to fix.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#12CharizardFirePosted 9/27/2013 4:20:37 PM(edited)
And where the hell was Houndour and Magmar in Platinum? o_O I didnt know they were there

Houndour: Valor Lakefront and Route 214
Magmar: Fuego Ironworks
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#13kingboo35Posted 9/27/2013 4:23:12 PM
this thread should just be locked
---
Engage the lazer beam
#14WetstewPosted 9/27/2013 4:32:23 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
The best way to seamlessly integrate a new group of creatures into an established group of old ones is to stop segregating them based on what game they started in and let them mix as soon as possible.

Except segregating them makes sense because the pokemon you usually find before the post game are native to the region that you're playing in. Animals are segregated in the real world to y'now.

It makes sense for there to be invasive pokemon. Especially since there are so many researchers and trainers. You would think that some of them would escape.

Since the predators in Pokemon are so strong it would explain why weak pokemon like Ratatta don't show up in many regions.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduced_species
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#15GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:34:11 PM
Whys that? In the topic where I was fussing about Generation 3, that was brought up as a blow against Generation 2.

And ive seen the same sentiment passed around here before. People wanted the new pokemon foremost, or they didnt like that they were too "weak" or some crap

You scared of me unleashing an opposing opinion? I dont need GameFreak to shove the new ones down my throat, since I make it a point to use them anyway, because new and maybe exciting :)
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#16Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 4:47:50 PM
Wetstew posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
The best way to seamlessly integrate a new group of creatures into an established group of old ones is to stop segregating them based on what game they started in and let them mix as soon as possible.

Except segregating them makes sense because the pokemon you usually find before the post game are native to the region that you're playing in. Animals are segregated in the real world to y'now.

It makes sense for there to be invasive pokemon. Especially since there are so many researchers and trainers. You would think that some of them would escape.

Since the predators in Pokemon are so strong it would explain why weak pokemon like Ratatta don't show up in many regions.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduced_species

Which is what happened in Unova. We see a few pokemon break out in B/W and by the time of B2/W2 the old pokemon had spread through out the region. Presumably Kalos had this happen sometime before the game.

B2/W2 was old species + new species done right. The presence of old pokemon had little effect on which new pokemon were available. I think only the Seismitoad line and the fossils weren't available b4 the E4.

Compared to GSC where Murkrow, Houndour, Sneasel and Larvitar are all postgame despite the fact that the first two should have had priority over Pidgey/Spearow, and Growlithe/Vulpix. Imagine all the fairy types not being available until you beat the E4?
#17Sloth9230Posted 9/27/2013 4:49:36 PM
Hell, they added Sneasel to the Ice Path for Crystal but kicked them out again for the remakes... what the hell???
#18GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:53:53 PM
Idea of invasive species makes sense, and really...alot of those pokemon are very common

I fully expect Ratatta to be world wide
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]