This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Iris black

#21xxgamer91xxPosted 9/27/2013 8:38:26 PM
LMAO I read the topic wrong I thought it said Is Iris back and I was thinking is she back in in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I think she is African American.
#22IngSlayerPosted 9/27/2013 8:39:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/27/2013 8:43:29 PM
FireSeer posted...
YES

Like Lenora and Brock... no big deal. Also, Unova is based on New York City and the States.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#24kaliskonigPosted 9/27/2013 9:02:20 PM
she is anime brown.
#25jamieyelloPosted 9/27/2013 9:09:55 PM
Galwen posted...
deidara21 posted...
No, she's Japanese.

Japanese isn't a race.

At the risk of sounding really stupid, don't Japanese and other asians (the Chinese) look different? I thought Japanese was it's own race.

Iris looks indian (India) to me. She doesn't look black or Filipino, and shes to dark to be Japanese.
---
#26MegaMettaurPosted 9/27/2013 9:32:29 PM
She doesn't belong to a race. She's Iris. I'm almost certain that none of the pokemon humans even belong to a race, and if they do, it doesn't matter enough for people to care. This reminds me of back in the day when everyone kept asking whether or not Brock was black, yet no one in the anime seemed to care either way.
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#27hardknock55Posted 9/27/2013 9:34:42 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
She doesn't belong to a race. She's Iris. I'm almost certain that none of the pokemon humans even belong to a race, and if they do, it doesn't matter enough for people to care. This reminds me of back in the day when everyone kept asking whether or not Brock was black, yet no one in the anime seemed to care either way.

---
PSN: hardknock55
3DS FC:4355-9696-1275
#28JarickoPosted 9/27/2013 9:35:53 PM
Isn't Unova supposed to be basically America?
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#29KalkPosted 9/27/2013 10:31:24 PM
What color is Brock?
---
f(O_o)f
#30MoonLightCloudPosted 9/27/2013 10:38:53 PM
jamieyello posted...
Galwen posted...
deidara21 posted...
No, she's Japanese.

Japanese isn't a race.

At the risk of sounding really stupid, don't Japanese and other asians (the Chinese) look different? I thought Japanese was it's own race.

Iris looks indian (India) to me. She doesn't look black or Filipino, and shes to dark to be Japanese.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but:
Race is Asian, Ethnicity is Japanese

And yes, Japanese and other Asians do (mostly) look different.

You can usually tell the difference, although I have seen some Japanese people who totally look Korean.
Also, I'm half Korean and have been told by just a couple Korean people that I look Japanese, lol.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo