This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you play?

User Info: eimajamie

eimajamie
3 years ago#1
How do you play (teamwise) on your first playthrough of a new Pokemon game? - Results (170 votes)
Just the starter and HM Slaves
1.76% (3 votes)
All Monotype
0.59% (1 votes)
All different types, having no 2 Pokemon with the same typing
28.82% (49 votes)
Varied typing, but also Pokemon sharing the same typing
34.71% (59 votes)
Any that have a great design
22.94% (39 votes)
Other...
7.06% (12 votes)
PIKACHUUUU!
4.12% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Other - State below
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it is still just a playing piece"

User Info: FireSeer

FireSeer
3 years ago#2
I try to mix it up every time I play, using as many different types as possible. But sometimes there's overlap; in my last Black playthrough I used Samurott and Seismitoad for example.
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.

User Info: hyperdimeduck

hyperdimeduck
3 years ago#3
Varied typing, I don't care if the types are the same. For instance, After I boxed Serpieror in White 2 I used Keldeo and Cobalion on my team.
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
3 years ago#4
I'll try and use varied typings, but if I have a couple of the same type on my team it isn't a big deal. If Chespin does turn out to be Grass/Dark, then I'll have him and Pangoro, but it won't really mater.
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!

User Info: RPCShadowclaw

RPCShadowclaw
3 years ago#5
I do try not to have Pokémon with shared types on my team, but my primary focus is not having more than 2 Pokémon with a common weakness.

For example, if I'm using Chespin and Sylveon then I've maxed out my allowance for Poison Weakness and I'm not allowed to use any more Pokémon that have a weakness to Poison.

User Info: Shinebolt

Shinebolt
3 years ago#6
Before Gen 5 it was starter+random pokemon caught and used only for HMs/Revives with the exception of one instance in Silver where I created a team of Eevee and its evolutions but that was pretty much only for the E4.

In Black and Black 2 I did varied typing with no two pokemon having the same type and I'll do the same in X.
Take this post seriously at your own risk.

User Info: namelessregret

namelessregret
3 years ago#7
I catch the Pokémon I want to use and train them. I don't care about having two of the same type in my team, with a few exceptions (I never put more than one Fire, Grass or Water Pokémon in my teams). I also never tried and never will try to fill the Pokédex, because that is just a big waste of time.
The Official Pallas Athena of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
3 years ago#8
Varied typing.
Don't usually repeat a type unless I like both Pokes a lot.
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

User Info: Xereint

Xereint
3 years ago#9
My team runs on slaves.
Searching for All-ice

User Info: evoxpisces

evoxpisces
3 years ago#10
My first playthrough I always try to include all different types. Always my starter, a water (if it's not already my starter), an electric, ground, flying, and normal.
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived