This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 1 Legendary Pokemon i don't understand

#1TakethatbackPosted 9/28/2013 4:35:48 AM
The legendary birds: What do they do? as we proceed later into the generations we see Pokemon who have earned the title of "Legend" through their actions or abilities, the three super chickens didn't seem to do any of that. They roam the world for whatever reason doing what? i'v yet to hear some great story about them that them that deserves them the title of legend.

Mew: Same with the birds, what has Mew done to show it's status as legend? sure it's rarely ever seen, but does that make it powerful? i guess you could argue that mew birthed Mewtwo the strongest Pokemon alive so that means it must be powerful but, how much of that was due to human modification? Genesect was created from some random fossil and now it's a legendary due to human modification.

This is not hate towards these Pokemon i just thought maybe someone could give me a reason as to why these Pokemon are considered legends in the context of the story.
#2JustwanttolookPosted 9/28/2013 4:38:54 AM
Birds are just Super rare that is all

Mew is rare too and there is the myth that is the father of all pokemon due to its ability to learn all attacks and transform into all pokemon.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#3Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 4:43:08 AM
Justwanttolook posted...
Birds are just Super rare that is all

Mew is rare too and there is the myth that is the father of all pokemon due to its ability to learn all attacks and transform into all pokemon.

I guess i can accept that, i was just hoping for a better story....
#4Luigi playerPosted 9/28/2013 4:44:55 AM
Doesn't Zapdos cause rain / thunder stuff and Articuno hail and Moltres... dunno?
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#5GoGoatPosted 9/28/2013 4:48:26 AM
Mew has legendary status due to its genes, doesn't it?

I remember Blaine referring to one of the legendary birds, but other than that theres nothing but idle rumour for them. They're pretty pointless outside of being rare.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 9/28/2013 4:48:36 AM
Luigi player posted...
Doesn't Zapdos cause rain / thunder stuff and Articuno hail and Moltres... dunno?

Moltres just sits there and looks pretty. :p
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#7JustwanttolookPosted 9/28/2013 4:50:47 AM
They can. But they don't do it frequently. Those abilities are also not unique to them.
Thundurus and Tornadus do what Zapdos is doing.
Kyurem has been shown to be able to cause snowstorms in BW and and that Ice/grass thingie has it as its in game ability.
Moltres is apparently a messenger of spring according to one if its Dex entries, as it tends to appear at the end of winter.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#8Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 4:53:34 AM
GoGoat posted...
Mew has legendary status due to its genes, doesn't it?

I remember Blaine referring to one of the legendary birds, but other than that theres nothing but idle rumour for them. They're pretty pointless outside of being rare.

I looked it up and you're right Mew has the DNA of every single Pokemon and can learn any attack, that would make it pretty awesome, the birds on the other hand, have yet to do anything spectacular >_>
#9FireSeerPosted 9/28/2013 4:55:55 AM
I like that the legendary birds aren't tied to anything specific; it's neat that they're simply rare and powerful for the sake of being rare in the first place. Not every legendary needs some awesome backstory component to it.
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.
#10Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 4:56:44 AM
Justwanttolook posted...
They can. But they don't do it frequently. Those abilities are also not unique to them.
Thundurus and Tornadus do what Zapdos is doing.
Kyurem has been shown to be able to cause snowstorms in BW and and that Ice/grass thingie has it as its in game ability.
Moltres is apparently a messenger of spring according to one if its Dex entries, as it tends to appear at the end of winter.

Can't any Pokemon with rain dance,hail, and sunny day do what the legendary birds are doing? Castform needs to be re-branded