This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pikachu users, will you be hunting for a Light Ball at the start of the game?

#113121987Posted 9/28/2013 9:33:20 AM
Pikachu users, will you be hunting for a Light Ball at the start of the game?
#2PlatinitePosted 9/28/2013 9:34:41 AM
Depends on if there's a way to GET the Light Ball.

Not a Pika-user, but still wanted to say that.
#313121987(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 9:36:37 AM
Platinite posted...

It's usually a 5% chance on wild Pikachu. Unless they change that.
#4MaetchPosted 9/28/2013 9:44:23 AM(edited)
13121987 posted...

Depends on how consistently available they make Pikachu. GameFreak seems to like making the Light Ball as hard-to-get as possible by limiting Pikachu's availability.

FR/LG had Pikachu appearing in Viridian Forest and fairly frequently in the Power Plant, but you couldn't get a Light Ball from ANY wild Pikachu in those games. You had to suffer by catching them through R/S/E's Safari Zone if you wanted that item.
#5thealmightydibPosted 9/28/2013 9:53:18 AM
depends on whether or not its the first one i see in its respective route, but i probably wouldnt "hunt" for a light ball
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
3DS FC - 2363 5791 6085
#613121987(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 10:00:00 AM
Maetch posted...
13121987 posted...

Depends on how consistently available they make Pikachu. GameFreak seems to like making the Light Ball as hard-to-get as possible by limiting Pikachu's availability.

FR/LG had Pikachu appearing in Viridian Forest and fairly frequently in the Power Plant, but you couldn't get a Light Ball from ANY wild Pikachu in those games. You had to suffer by catching them through R/S/E's Safari Zone if you wanted that item.

I know but they changed that in Gen 4. U couldn't get Pikachu in Gen 5.

But as long as u catch a Pikachu, it's static ability will allow u to catch more easily. Unless Gen 6's ones come with Lightning Rod which I honestly do not mind.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 9/30/2013 6:31:22 AM
13121987 posted...
Platinite posted...

It was 1% in Gen V
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_wild_held_item#Pikachu
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#8SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/30/2013 6:46:41 AM
13121987 posted...
Maetch posted...
13121987 posted...

But as long as u catch a Pikachu, it's static ability will allow u to catch more easily. Unless Gen 6's ones come with Lightning Rod which I honestly do not mind.

So you named your character the letter "u"?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#9Megumi samaPosted 9/30/2013 6:47:51 AM
13121987 posted...
Maetch posted...
13121987 posted...

Electric types are now immune to paralysis, so you can't count on your Pikachu's Static to aid in capturing. That said, Static's overworld ability to increase Electric-type encounters does make leading with Pikachu still worth it.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#1013121987(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 6:49:27 AM
Megumi sama posted...
13121987 posted...
Maetch posted...
13121987 posted...

Electric types are now immune to paralysis, so you can't count on your Pikachu's Static to aid in capturing. That said, Static's overworld ability to increase Electric-type encounters does make leading with Pikachu still worth it.

I was referring to the over world ability...