This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hirobyte reveals the Kalos Starters final evolved types

#161BaneseekerPosted 9/28/2013 5:39:35 PM
Hejiru posted...
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
Hejiru posted...
How can they be Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting after what Masuda said? He said they were based on standard RPG archetypes. It's obvious where that's going: Chespin the knight, Fennekin the mage and Froakie the rogue. Fighting, Psychic, and Dark are perfect fits for those types. The leaker had it right the first time, and his "correction" was wrong; how would Masuda's comment make sense otherwise? Mage, dark knight, and... whatever that would make Froakie? It makes no sense.

It's not like it completely throws the dynamic out of wack. And it's Pokemon anyway. Some stuff just doesn't make sense.

I'm saying that Dark Chespin and Fighting Froakie throws Masuda's statement out of wack.

That statement could have ment standard RPG villain archtypes- a witch/, a dark/fallen knight, and a honorable rouge/gentleman fighter villain.
---
Now bring me that horizon
#162Chandler014Posted 9/28/2013 5:43:16 PM
I ain't believing that completely until Serebii proves it. At least for Chespin's Final evo.
---
The official Slapper of Englishhedgehog and MetalFalchionPinch. Bow Before my Slapping Fury!
Team Miror For Life! Card: http://i.imgur.com/qWGIb65.png
#163LinkLuigiPosted 9/28/2013 5:48:41 PM
Yeah, defensively, Grass/Dark is a pretty bad match-up. Offensively, however, it's pretty powerful. Ask Shiftry.

We'll see how this works out.
#164GalwenPosted 9/28/2013 5:55:47 PM
Fighter-The black knight Grass starter (who is still a knight).

Magic User-The witch/warlock Fire starter.

Rogue-The ninja Water starter (who is still a rogue).

There you go.
#165WiiareVenomPosted 9/28/2013 6:39:04 PM
Baneseeker posted...
Hejiru posted...
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
Hejiru posted...
How can they be Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting after what Masuda said? He said they were based on standard RPG archetypes. It's obvious where that's going: Chespin the knight, Fennekin the mage and Froakie the rogue. Fighting, Psychic, and Dark are perfect fits for those types. The leaker had it right the first time, and his "correction" was wrong; how would Masuda's comment make sense otherwise? Mage, dark knight, and... whatever that would make Froakie? It makes no sense.

It's not like it completely throws the dynamic out of wack. And it's Pokemon anyway. Some stuff just doesn't make sense.

I'm saying that Dark Chespin and Fighting Froakie throws Masuda's statement out of wack.

That statement could have ment standard RPG villain archtypes- a witch/, a dark/fallen knight, and a honorable rouge/gentleman fighter villain.

Wow, that idea makes me really want to pick Froakie. Decisions, decisions...
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.