This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you have an "open spot" in your team you use for any Pokemon?

#1AzureEverythingPosted 9/28/2013 3:08:08 PM
In my games, I always pick four I like...for Gen 6, I'll have Fennekin, Keldeo, Xerneas, and Reshiram as my main guys, an HM slave, then an open spot for Pokemon that I want to use only some of the time...like for gyms, or special battles. I always hated that we could only have six at a time. Then I relented and make the permanent six a permanent four and made the last two slots "extra characters" like in Final Fantasy when you get guest characters.
Do you utilize such a system or do you like all Pokemon and don't have a set team?
---
Freya Crescent is awesome...you cannot deny that, EVER.
#2MissCarriagePosted 9/28/2013 3:10:05 PM
I also think 6 Pokemon is way too limited.

I hate having to use HM slaves because that basically means you'll have 5 maximum useful team members on your team. And since I don't like many Flying types, I don't like having to rely on the Fly HM either.
---
Love me long time.
#3NegaZeldaPosted 9/28/2013 3:13:07 PM
Depends on the game. For Kanto, I usually have 5 + a flier. For Johto, I have 4 + a flier and an open spot. For Hoenn, I have 6. For Sinnoh, I have 4 + a flier + an open spot and for Unova I had 6 both times.

Also, TC, your sig speaks so much truth. Such a tragedy that her arc ended so quickly with little resolution. =(
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
#4FullAutoCVTPosted 9/28/2013 3:15:48 PM
I usually have 4 or even 3 fighters and 2 or 3 HM slaves (for things like flash or dig).

I don't need a whole lot of soldiers to get through the game smoothly, and worry about expanding during the postgame.
#5Darkraior99Posted 9/28/2013 3:17:22 PM
I have one slot I'm still not sure about. If this gen has less HM use then I can certainly narrow down my options.

And Freya definitely needs more recognition. My favorite character and she stops talking half way through the game. =/
---
<--Apparently a hipster.
#6MickeyRocksaPosted 9/28/2013 3:18:34 PM
I feel like each game hm's become less and less used

excluding surf
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#7ecylisPosted 9/28/2013 3:20:08 PM
I did in BW because I could only find 5 Pokemon I actually wanted to use and were readily available through most of the game
#8ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/28/2013 3:23:45 PM
I always hated giving Cut to a Pokemon who i know i will use often
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#917MasterPosted 9/28/2013 3:30:12 PM
I always run four main Pokemon and two filler spots for field moves or anything else (like if a certain NPC wants to see a certain Pokemon, or the lady that gives you the Heart Scales in BW2).

Freya Crescent is awesome...you cannot deny that, EVER.

****ing right, man. Freya is the best.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#10tsunamisurfer08Posted 9/28/2013 3:33:18 PM
Wait.
Wait.
WAIT.

THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT LIKE FF9?!

I'm not alone after all...

On topic: I don't necessarily have an "open spot". It's more like "most likely to be replaced if needed".
---
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost