This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If battling with a team of Pokemon of all the same typing such a bad idea...

#1Phenom13Posted 9/28/2013 4:25:09 PM
If battling with a team of Pokemon of all of the same or similar typing is such a Bush Leauge move then why do all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Trainers do it?
#2SirRobXPosted 9/28/2013 4:26:40 PM
To make it easier on the players.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4642 6842 7808
#3Luigi playerPosted 9/28/2013 4:39:08 PM
to learn about type/strategy/stat advantages and disadvantages.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#4rutsahl_Posted 9/28/2013 4:45:52 PM
That's the thing is that all the gym leaders just feel like a giant tutorial on what weaknesses each type has. There should really be some more difficult end game content with trainers that specifically create well balanced teams so I can't just walk in and start Thundering all their birds out of the sky, or torching all their grass Pokemon. At least rivals seem to usually vary their rosters a bit later in the game when they start carrying a full team of 6.
---
Get outta my face before I decide to messy-wess you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin,cor
#5Megumi samaPosted 9/28/2013 5:05:02 PM
rutsahl_ posted...
That's the thing is that all the gym leaders just feel like a giant tutorial on what weaknesses each type has. There should really be some more difficult end game content with trainers that specifically create well balanced teams so I can't just walk in and start Thundering all their birds out of the sky, or torching all their grass Pokemon. At least rivals seem to usually vary their rosters a bit later in the game when they start carrying a full team of 6.

Battle Frontier.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#6HeroSandwichlolPosted 9/28/2013 5:07:38 PM
It's almost as if Pokemon is a game meant for young players to develop strategies against their opponents.
---
Never forget the 12 million Jews!
--Grandson of a survivor