This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If battling with a team of Pokemon of all the same typing such a bad idea...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If battling with a team of Pokemon of all the same typing such a bad idea...

User Info: Phenom13

Phenom13
3 years ago#1
If battling with a team of Pokemon of all of the same or similar typing is such a Bush Leauge move then why do all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Trainers do it?

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
3 years ago#2
To make it easier on the players.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4642 6842 7808

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
3 years ago#3
to learn about type/strategy/stat advantages and disadvantages.
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/

User Info: rutsahl_

rutsahl_
3 years ago#4
That's the thing is that all the gym leaders just feel like a giant tutorial on what weaknesses each type has. There should really be some more difficult end game content with trainers that specifically create well balanced teams so I can't just walk in and start Thundering all their birds out of the sky, or torching all their grass Pokemon. At least rivals seem to usually vary their rosters a bit later in the game when they start carrying a full team of 6.
Get outta my face before I decide to messy-wess you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin,cor

User Info: Megumi sama

Megumi sama
3 years ago#5
rutsahl_ posted...
That's the thing is that all the gym leaders just feel like a giant tutorial on what weaknesses each type has. There should really be some more difficult end game content with trainers that specifically create well balanced teams so I can't just walk in and start Thundering all their birds out of the sky, or torching all their grass Pokemon. At least rivals seem to usually vary their rosters a bit later in the game when they start carrying a full team of 6.

Battle Frontier.
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA

User Info: HeroSandwichlol

HeroSandwichlol
3 years ago#6
It's almost as if Pokemon is a game meant for young players to develop strategies against their opponents.
Never forget the 12 million Jews!
--Grandson of a survivor
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If battling with a team of Pokemon of all the same typing such a bad idea...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived