This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will Xerneas and Yveltal work in the stories for both X and Y?

#1kirbydude385Posted 9/28/2013 4:50:13 PM
Think about it, for pretty much every plot involving legendaries, all legends involved are inherently "neutral." Ho-oh and Lugia aren't either good nor evil, Groudon and Kyogre are neutral (you could even argue both are somewhat evil), Dialga and Palkia are neutral, and Reshiram and Zekrom are neutral.

Whichever one is used by the evil team is used usually against their will or just ignore orders and do their own crap anyway.

However, here we have Xerneas, the Creation Pokemon, and Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon. Sounds pretty obvious that Xerneas is inherently good and Yveltal is inherently evil. So I'm curious to see how they handle these legendaries in the stories, since the differences between the two main versions always involve the legendaries being used differently in the plot.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#2MickeyRocksaPosted 9/28/2013 4:50:59 PM
watch how theres a bridge out or a crater
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#3HejiruPosted 9/28/2013 4:55:47 PM
Keep in mind that creation and destruction are not inherently good and evil. It's only that way in western culture. In stuff like Hinduism, it's neutral. For example, you can create a disease and destroy a disease, which makes the creation one sound evil and the destruction one sound good. It's possible Xerneas and Yveltal are partly based on Brahma and Shiva, but their appearance makes Norse mythology seem more likely.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4buszzaw101Posted 9/28/2013 4:56:08 PM
kirbydude385 posted...
Think about it, for pretty much every plot involving legendaries, all legends involved are inherently "neutral." Ho-oh and Lugia aren't either good nor evil, Groudon and Kyogre are neutral (you could even argue both are somewhat evil), Dialga and Palkia are neutral, and Reshiram and Zekrom are neutral.

Whichever one is used by the evil team is used usually against their will or just ignore orders and do their own crap anyway.

However, here we have Xerneas, the Creation Pokemon, and Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon. Sounds pretty obvious that Xerneas is inherently good and Yveltal is inherently evil. So I'm curious to see how they handle these legendaries in the stories, since the differences between the two main versions always involve the legendaries being used differently in the plot.

1. Use Xerneas to create an evil army
2. Use Yveltal to destroy the opposition

Also, creation and destruction aren't inherently good/evil. Think about it like Xerneas created something evil and Yveltal destroyed that evil. Creation and destruction just have the positive and negative connotations to go along with each respective word; but like i said, neither are inherently good or evil.
#5buszzaw101Posted 9/28/2013 4:56:52 PM
Dang, Hejiru beat me to it lol
#6NowujaloPosted 9/28/2013 5:05:51 PM
Just becasue Yveltal is the Destruction Pokemon doesn't make it automatically evil. The Hindu Destroyer God Shiva isn't evil because destruction has a a place in the cycle of life. All things must come to an end for it to become anew. The same goes for Yveltal (who I going to name Yvonne)

Also I noticed the TC left out Giratina as a netural pokemon (inb4giratinaisthedevil).
IMO all Legendaries have a purpose that isn't good or bad because they are trying to furfill their own set goals. They are only considered "good" and "evil" when others decide depending on if it would hinder or benifit them. In truth this is no different than wars between countries.
I would go on a lengthy lecture on how Giratina isn't evil(or the devil) but rather Antimatter can be very destructive/dangerous, but I am strapped for time.

Well Yveltal does have evil in its name so theres that.
---
I own the 3DS, Vita, PS3, and Wii U!
Want to add me give me a PM!
#7NowujaloPosted 9/28/2013 5:07:48 PM
Hejiru posted...
It's possible Xerneas and Yveltal are partly based on Brahma and Shiva, .

You mean Vishnu, Brahma is the preserver.
---
#8GeneralKenobi85Posted 9/28/2013 5:11:54 PM
I think it would be more interesting if Xerneas was the good Pokemon and Yveltal was evil just to be different, since as you've mentioned TC, they've been doing the same routine for a while now.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#9kirbydude385(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 5:27:03 PM
I understand that Destruction isn't inherently evil, but just freaking look at Yveltal. Dark/Flying, is dark red and black, and his signature move is called Oblivion Wing (Death Wing in Japanese).

I'm not saying you're WRONG mind you, but I'm just curious as to how they'll approach this.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#10NowujaloPosted 9/28/2013 6:53:12 PM
kirbydude385 posted...
I understand that Destruction isn't inherently evil, but just freaking look at Yveltal. Dark/Flying, is dark red and black, and his signature move is called Oblivion Wing (Death Wing in Japanese).

I'm not saying you're WRONG mind you, but I'm just curious as to how they'll approach this.

I'm not saying you are wrong either, in fact we are having a healthy philosophical discussion.
The whole "looks" things is what causes people to automatically label Giratina as the "Devil" pokemon which is incorrect. This is stereotyping based on looks.

BUT in your case on Yveltal, yeah it is obviously evil...seriously, while Giratina is just misunderstood and she has daddy issues.
---