This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will Xerneas and Yveltal work in the stories for both X and Y?

#11LexifoxPosted 9/28/2013 6:55:14 PM
Nowujalo posted...
kirbydude385 posted...
I understand that Destruction isn't inherently evil, but just freaking look at Yveltal. Dark/Flying, is dark red and black, and his signature move is called Oblivion Wing (Death Wing in Japanese).

I'm not saying you're WRONG mind you, but I'm just curious as to how they'll approach this.

I'm not saying you are wrong either, in fact we are having a healthy philosophical discussion.
The whole "looks" things is what causes people to automatically label Giratina as the "Devil" pokemon which is incorrect. This is stereotyping based on looks.

BUT in your case on Yveltal, yeah it is obviously evil...seriously, while Giratina is just misunderstood and she has daddy issues.

Actually, people label Giratina as a devil analogue because it's the "Renegade" Pokemon and its actions caused it to be banished to another world.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#12FullAutoCVTPosted 9/28/2013 7:05:38 PM
I doubt they would consider a pokemon to be literally "evil." If GF were to ever do something like that, it would've done it way back in Gen 1 or 2. They've gone pretty far to explain that even the mean and destructive ones aren't "evil."
#13Mudkip43Posted 9/28/2013 7:12:08 PM
kirbydude385 posted...
I understand that Destruction isn't inherently evil, but just freaking look at Yveltal. Dark/Flying, is dark red and black, and his signature move is called Oblivion Wing (Death Wing in Japanese).

I'm not saying you're WRONG mind you, but I'm just curious as to how they'll approach this.

At first glance I thought Zekrom was evil representing "darkness" and Reshiram was representing "light" when we first saw them.
---
3DS FC: 4940 5904 2568
#14reseacher2000Posted 9/28/2013 7:21:18 PM
Yveltal is creating destruction. So technically hes a creation pokemon as well.
---
GT:gansterchief
#15NowujaloPosted 9/29/2013 11:22:54 AM
Lexifox posted...
Actually, people label Giratina as a devil analogue because it's the "Renegade" Pokemon and its actions caused it to be banished to another world.

Renegade: (noun) - 1): someone or something that causes trouble and cannot be controlled, 2)
: a person who leaves one group, religion, etc., and joins another that opposes it

*Source Merrian-Webster Dictionary*

Being a Renegade doesn't automatically make someone/something evil, for example The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3 was a Renegade, was she evil or did her actions have a deeper meaning.
Giratina has Freewill unlike Palkia/Dialga who do as they are told.
Also Antimatter isn't the safest of things.
---
I own the 3DS, Vita, PS3, and Wii U!
Want to add me give me a PM!