This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people act like pokedex entries matter?

#1DarkBuster22904Posted 9/28/2013 6:35:05 PM
I mean, they're cool from a lore perspective, i guess, but when it comes down to it, they dont matter a damn bit.

Chandelure can apparently vaporize souls. Unless you're using one. Then it doesnt do any of that. Ever.

Gardevoir can create black holes. Except it cant. Damn.

I'm fairly sure entei would have destroyed the world by now if it caused eruptions every time it barked.

Magikarp can leap over mountains. Badass. Good luck using one without evolving it.

Seriously, how do pokedex entries make pokemon "better" in some people's opinion? They dont do/mean anything.
---
-DB
#2ZTIger5Posted 9/28/2013 6:37:02 PM
Yeah, most of them are horribly exaggerated just to make them all sound badass and cool when very little of it is realistically possible. Of course this is Pokemon we're talking about, so logic is thrown out the window, but still.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#3Sega9599Posted 9/28/2013 6:38:05 PM
The best one is for Kadabra. He was just a boy till he woke up one morning transformed.
---
Hooray, a new Mirrors Edge game as been announced!
Now for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#4biohazard151Posted 9/28/2013 6:40:41 PM
I think id be really good at that, like hired on just to make pokedex entries

Druddigon: It was this statue that at night becomes real or something, like that kids show
Alakazam: Failed iron chef turned card reader, few run ins with the law led him to a life of psychic crime
Mew: Mewtwos aborted fetus, its alive cuz magic
Golurk: some jewish statue that got sick of the "rat race"
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#5DarkBuster22904(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 7:19:08 PM
I mean, dont get me wrong. I love it when the lore stuff is included in universe.

For example, the plotline with hypno kidnapping and hypnotizing that little girl in FR. That was a ballsy move for nintendo, especially in a world where the Soccer Mom Federation of America weilds almost dictatorial power.

But by and large, these entries are pointless, and do nothing to make any given pokemon more or less awesome.
---
-DB
#6Bogmire216Posted 9/28/2013 7:21:17 PM
Victini's dex entry:

This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter.

gg Arceus
---
Friend code: 0903-3254-6934
#7DarkBuster22904(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 11:24:03 PM
Bump
---
-DB
#8LexifoxPosted 9/28/2013 11:25:26 PM
Because entertaining fluff is always nice.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9hyperdimeduckPosted 9/28/2013 11:26:31 PM
I like reading them.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#10mustardpi314Posted 9/28/2013 11:26:45 PM
you would lose your soul every time you sent Shedinja into battle.
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.