This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people act like pokedex entries matter?

#11CauldrynPosted 9/28/2013 10:31:21 PM
They are supposed to just be tidbits of lore and things. there are lots of stuff like that about real animals in lore and myth.

Cats were supposed to be able to steal your breath at night if they slept on your chest.
Tanooki were thought to play pranks on you and change shape.
Elephants never being able to forget anything.
Crocodiles crying fake tears to trick prey into getting eaten.

Hell, we have a holiday that revolves around an giant rodent foretelling our seasons with his shadow!

Trust me these are all just as silly but we are used to them.
---
"you learned something new today!And no day where you learn something new can ever be a complete loss!"-Belgarath 3DSFC -2878-9602-5549 Bastion@Wyvern
#12SpacePirateKhanPosted 9/28/2013 10:51:39 PM
Pokedex was written by ten year olds because scientists thought it'd be hilarious.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan from Rosetown, 4184-1827-7503
#13MegaMettaurPosted 9/28/2013 11:24:56 PM
DarkBuster22904 posted...

Magikarp can leap over mountains. Badass. Good luck using one without evolving it.

Seriously, how do pokedex entries make pokemon "better" in some people's opinion? They dont do/mean anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7b3bOQ6lY
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#14ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/28/2013 11:25:55 PM
I still hate Hypno's
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#15Sloth9230Posted 9/28/2013 11:29:12 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Yeah, most of them are horribly exaggerated just to make them all sound badass and cool when very little of it is realistically possible. Of course this is Pokemon we're talking about, so logic is thrown out the window, but still.

How do you know they're not exaggerated and humans are just pathetically weak? o.O
#16XWolfOPosted 9/28/2013 11:54:44 PM
The Pokedex entries are horribly exaggerated. Charizard melting stones? Pidgeot flying at mach speed? Tyranitar blowing up mountains? Yeah, sure. And those are just a few of them. Whoever writes these entries must have a very active imagination.

The sizes are completely ridiculous as well. There is no way that Garchomp is as big as me (that's too small), and there is no way that Furret is almost my size (way too big). I know, some of those sizes are meant to be lengths, but if they're meant to be the lengths, they should specify them as that.
---
Woof...