This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we will ever see the Anti-Arceus Pokemon?

#61Mudkip43Posted 9/28/2013 6:40:44 PM
Lexifox posted...
Mudkip43 posted...
Just curious how old are you?

25. Why?

I'm leaving after this..:p

Why would you ask a question if you're just going to leave without the answer?

I was waiting for your answer.

I was only three years old when Red and Blue came out and only 11 when Diamond and Pearl came out so I really wasn't aware of any serious discussions since you're older than me you were probably aware of them back then.
---
3DS FC: 4940 5904 2568
#62LexifoxPosted 9/28/2013 6:40:59 PM
Ari917 posted...
Lexifox posted...

As I said, stop using the movies for evidence.

Second, Giratina is called the "Renegade" Pokemon, and it wasn't said to be banished because it protected the Distortion World. It is specifically stated to be because of its "violence".

It's an analogue at best, that said.

It was a joke, no?

Exactly, it's a coincidence that people have just latched onto without taking into consideration of what else it represents. Unless I see Giratina actively take a role more befitting of the "Devil" then it's just a similarity that's been very exaggerated.

Because as stated, it fits the analogue by being something created at the time of its other "servants", rebelling, and then being banished. I don't think anyone thinks of it as a literal Satan that tries to turn others to evil and against Arceus.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#63LexifoxPosted 9/28/2013 6:41:31 PM
Mudkip43 posted...

I was only three years old when Red and Blue came out and only 11 when Diamond and Pearl came out so I really wasn't aware of any serious discussions since you're older than me you were probably aware of them back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon#Morality_and_religious_beliefs
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#64Mudkip43Posted 9/28/2013 6:46:14 PM
Lexifox posted...
Mudkip43 posted...

Ah forget it I might as well just stay.

I never heard of Saudi Arabia banning Pokemon that's interesting.
---
3DS FC: 4940 5904 2568
#65Ari917Posted 9/28/2013 6:47:06 PM
Lexifox posted...

Because as stated, it fits the analogue by being something created at the time of its other "servants", rebelling, and then being banished. I don't think anyone thinks of it as a literal Satan that tries to turn others to evil and against Arceus.

Trust me, I've seen people put forth that Giratina is the literal devil seeking to overthrow Arceus, or rather God in this context.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#66LexifoxPosted 9/28/2013 6:47:53 PM
Mudkip43 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Mudkip43 posted...

Ah forget it I might as well just stay.

I never heard of Saudi Arabia banning Pokemon that's interesting.

As I said, this has happened for a long while.

Ari917 posted...
Lexifox posted...

Trust me, I've seen people put forth that Giratina is the literal devil seeking to overthrow Arceus, or rather God in this context.

Ah. That would explain it. I don't associate with idiots.
---
#67Krazy_KazumaPosted 9/28/2013 6:50:27 PM
What about the #666 pokemon ?
---
PSN ID: wes_the_wolf