This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wtf the pokemon anime was awesome!

#11InhaledCornPosted 9/29/2013 7:27:01 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
The anime was awesome in the dub back when 4Kids used to include pop culture references and adult humor in there from Indigo to early Johto. It has already lost that charm when Honnen started, before the voices changed.

The problem with the dub isn't the voices, the script is too damn dry and dumbed down.

^This, pretty much.

They really aren't even trying anymore as they're too busy trying to stuff FRIENDSHIP down our throats.

I didn't even remember Ash used to actually have wit until an old screenshot popped up on Tumblr where he burned Misty so perfectly. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but I can give you the gist of it.

This is one of the earlier episodes. Ash, Misty, and Brock have arrived in Celadon. Naturally, Brock is looking through the windows at all the pretty girls.

Brock: *face smooshed against glass, practically drooling* Look at all the lovely ladies...

Ash: Where? I don't see any.

Misty: *behind them* All you have to do is turn around.

Ash: Misty, only one of us can be delusional at a time.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#12RubyAndSaphirePosted 9/29/2013 7:30:21 AM
The anime sucks... itīs the same every episode, every season...
---
There are no girls on the internets...Unless their names end with .jpg - Pyro Prinny
#13Edgemaster70000Posted 9/29/2013 9:27:06 AM
hellslinger posted...
Edgemaster70000 posted...
That grammar.

Pre-teen detected.

Acting like grammar is the epitome of adulthood.

One grammatical mistake, fine. But just go back and look at how badly he mucked up just about everything. It's very obvious that he's either a pre-teen or mentally deficient in some way. I highly doubt he's the latter.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#14mehmetskiPosted 9/29/2013 9:31:41 AM
hellslinger posted...
Edgemaster70000 posted...
That grammar.

Pre-teen detected.

Acting like grammar is the epitome of adulthood.

i know a 25 years old guy who cant write one single sentence without making several grave spelling/grammar errors.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#15MaetchPosted 9/29/2013 11:02:06 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
The anime was awesome in the dub back when 4Kids used to include pop culture references and adult humor in there from Indigo to early Johto. It has already lost that charm when Honnen started, before the voices changed.

The problem with the dub isn't the voices, the script is too damn dry and dumbed down.

^This, pretty much.

They really aren't even trying anymore as they're too busy trying to stuff FRIENDSHIP down our throats.

I didn't even remember Ash used to actually have wit until an old screenshot popped up on Tumblr where he burned Misty so perfectly. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but I can give you the gist of it.

This is one of the earlier episodes. Ash, Misty, and Brock have arrived in Celadon. Naturally, Brock is looking through the windows at all the pretty girls.

Brock: *face smooshed against glass, practically drooling* Look at all the lovely ladies...

Ash: Where? I don't see any.

Misty: *behind them* All you have to do is turn around.

*sigh* I miss that level of episode quality.

Yes, 4Kids made a lot of bad mistakes in their dubs, but Pokemon was far from their worst (that honor goes to what they did to One Piece).
#16kirbydude385Posted 9/29/2013 11:03:42 AM
Golurkcanfly posted...
Except that the anime has always been terrible and you didn't realize until season 9.

---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#17ColdOne666Posted 9/30/2013 2:38:46 AM

Oh Burn

To be honest though the anime always has been bad (it's designed for little kids).

It's only redeeming factor is that all the chicks in the show are super hot.
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here...And your meaningless existence with it!"
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi
#18ColdOne666Posted 9/30/2013 3:00:24 AM
Also could you find a video of that?
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here...And your meaningless existence with it!"
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi