This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think this game would worth buying the console for?

#91Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/29/2013 2:36:59 PM
TranquilSea posted...
When isn't a GFAQs Pokemon board on attack alert? I thought we all agreed that we're always here to bite each others heads off at every chance we get.

Meh, it's been worse today especially when everyone is at each others throats and attacking sore wound arguments. (Ones that keep getting opened up)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#92TranquilSeaPosted 9/29/2013 2:40:27 PM
I'd ask why you're still here, but I get it. X and Y are out in a few days. I can't stop visiting the RF4 board because after a year of waiting, the reason for my 3DS purchase is finally arriving. X.X
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#93Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/29/2013 2:42:10 PM
TranquilSea posted...
I'd ask why you're still here, but I get it. X and Y are out in a few days. I can't stop visiting the RF4 board because after a year of waiting, the reason for my 3DS purchase is finally arriving. X.X

I love having information leaked to me, personally not the end of a game, but everything else is just icing on the cake for me. It's like an addiction to leaked game information. o_o
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#94Sume_GaiPosted 9/29/2013 2:57:53 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Yes but those are excess examples outside of the primary example.

What if he causes no change, and your dislike of his attitude is just you. What if you are the problem in this case not the other person. (IE the artists:) By not trying to work together or compromise, you are effectively hurting your own company in such a matter.

Humans aren't machines, once you invoke any kind of human factor things cease to be simple. The scenario you propose becomes almost ludicrous when this artist increases profits significantly without affecting anything else.

But for arguments sake lets say that happens, we hire him, profits grow and everything else stays the same. Did I manage to compromise effectively? If I didn't and it come down to me or this artist who has singled handedly raised profits then I, the odd man out, might get fired. After all that likely makes 'objective' sense to my boss.

Yes, I know this is stretching but no more so than the original senario's limited set up such that one artist was biased to be the better choice. Even in objective matters there's always more than on factor to consider.

Let's switch gears to something simpler and look at two cars.

Car A has better gas mileage, costs $XXXXXXX and is fairly limited in trunk and seating room.

Car B has slightly worse gas mileage, costs the same and has more room for luggage and people.

Now which one is objectively better?

Most people will say Car A since you'll spend less on gas over all. Yet what if I need to transport large items, often have passengers or are fairly tall (such that riding in/driving the more efficient car is uncomfortable)? Then having the bigger slightly more expensive car might be better or even cheaper in terms of value per dollar.

You might call those factors subjective As they are specific to the person but they can still matter even in an objective decision.
#95Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/29/2013 3:00:04 PM
Sume_Gai posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Yes but those are excess examples outside of the primary example.

What if he causes no change, and your dislike of his attitude is just you. What if you are the problem in this case not the other person. (IE the artists:) By not trying to work together or compromise, you are effectively hurting your own company in such a matter.

Humans aren't machines, once you invoke any kind of human factor things cease to be simple. The scenario you propose becomes almost ludicrous when this artist increases profits significantly without affecting anything else.

But for arguments sake lets say that happens, we hire him, profits grow and everything else stays the same. Did I manage to compromise effectively? If I didn't and it come down to me or this artist who has singled handedly raised profits then I, the odd man out, might get fired. After all that likely makes 'objective' sense to my boss.

Yes, I know this is stretching but no more so than the original senario's limited set up such that one artist was biased to be the better choice. Even in objective matters there's always more than on factor to consider.

Let's switch gears to something simpler and look at two cars.

Car A has better gas mileage, costs $XXXXXXX and is fairly limited in trunk and seating room.

Car B has slightly worse gas mileage, costs the same and has more room for luggage and people.

Now which one is objectively better?

Most people will say Car A since you'll spend less on gas over all. Yet what if I need to transport large items, often have passengers or are fairly tall (such that riding in/driving the more efficient car is uncomfortable)? Then having the bigger slightly more expensive car might be better or even cheaper in terms of value per dollar.

You might call those factors subjective As they are specific to the person but they can still matter even in an objective decision.

Yes but those factors in the examples still have objective reasons to each individual person.

For instance, if someone needed storage for a job, then it becomes objective why they need it.

Which still comes back to objectivity being a part of it.

Sure in retrospect it's subjective to who may need it, but when it comes to why they need it specifically it becomes about facts and examples from their life.
---
#96GastroFanPosted 9/29/2013 3:02:41 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Kira_Elric2 posted...
Mewtwo_soul you must absolutely hate Japanese gamers then. That's a thing they do regularly. Buy an entire system just to play the next Monster Hunter. Why do you think 3DS sales were so high around the time Monster Hunter 4 came out? If a person finds worth in buying a console specifically for a game they love, and may get hundreds of hours of play out of it, who the hell are you to tell them they're wrong?

Nice straw man. You're being an ignorant fool with that statement.

This is my point one last time you ignorant posters. (Who put idiotic statements in people's mouths.)

If a friend came up to me and asked:

"Which is the better deal investment wise for a meal:

Mcdonald's for a 20 pc. Chicken nugget meal, large fries and a large drink for 8.67, or an 6 pc KFC bucket for $20.00)

Obviously Mcdonalds is the better investment if said meal would fill them up as it's the better choice in price. I may prefer KFC though.

However, in this situation I should recommend the FACTUALLY better deal. McDonalds. Subjectively if I were to recommend though I'd say KFC, for obvious bias reasons.

The same is the case here.

I'd go for the $4.00 chicken dinner at Steak and Shake myself; it's better than both McDonald's and KFC as far as taste and price is concerned. Besides do you really need to eat that 20 piece chicken nugget meal or will a 10 piece do just as well? By limiting yourself to one or two options, you never see that there might be more affordable alternatives; it's the same with game systems. While I would never buy a game system myself for one game, you can do other things with them like play movies; so the money isn't as wasted as you might think.
#97Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/29/2013 3:04:08 PM
GastroFan posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Kira_Elric2 posted...
Mewtwo_soul you must absolutely hate Japanese gamers then. That's a thing they do regularly. Buy an entire system just to play the next Monster Hunter. Why do you think 3DS sales were so high around the time Monster Hunter 4 came out? If a person finds worth in buying a console specifically for a game they love, and may get hundreds of hours of play out of it, who the hell are you to tell them they're wrong?

Nice straw man. You're being an ignorant fool with that statement.

This is my point one last time you ignorant posters. (Who put idiotic statements in people's mouths.)

If a friend came up to me and asked:

"Which is the better deal investment wise for a meal:

Mcdonald's for a 20 pc. Chicken nugget meal, large fries and a large drink for 8.67, or an 6 pc KFC bucket for $20.00)

Obviously Mcdonalds is the better investment if said meal would fill them up as it's the better choice in price. I may prefer KFC though.

However, in this situation I should recommend the FACTUALLY better deal. McDonalds. Subjectively if I were to recommend though I'd say KFC, for obvious bias reasons.

The same is the case here.

I'd go for the $4.00 chicken dinner at Steak and Shake myself; it's better than both McDonald's and KFC as far as taste and price is concerned. Besides do you really need to eat that 20 piece chicken nugget meal or will a 10 piece do just as well? By limiting yourself to one or two options, you never see that there might be more affordable alternatives; it's the same with game systems. While I would never buy a game system myself for one game, you can do other things with them like play movies; so the money isn't as wasted as you might think.

Oh I certainly agree. I was just meaning if someone was only using it for one game, and then letting it sit. For instance, I have afriend who has no PC so he uses internet Explorer on his 360. Which makes up for it. (Not really, but at least he has internet connectivity.
---
#98jschristyPosted 9/29/2013 3:10:53 PM
If I didnt' have a 3dsxl already, I would honestly consider buying a 2ds just to play pokemon.
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#99koopabros64Posted 9/29/2013 3:22:49 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
Does about $250 for the system and game sound like a long term investment for you personally?

It would be less than that. The 3DS is only $170 and the games are around $30, so it would be about $200. Anyway, I don't think it's worth it for just one game, however there are are plenty of great games on the system.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.