This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 3 legendaries

#1_____CaitPosted 9/29/2013 1:48:41 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like you can never catch many of them. We have had multiple gen 1 and gen 4 events, and heart gold and soul silver got us those guys, but gen 3 always seems to get forgotten,
---
Moumoon
#2JunDagekiPosted 9/29/2013 2:02:04 PM
It might be because Gen 3 is the only game that is very old and still has no remake.

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, latio, Latias, Jirachi, and the regis.

Gen 3 had many legendary, many variations, the color contrast of each rivalry was excellent. just look at this: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/39/Weather_trio.png

The worst ones are Gen V...i mean, for a very recent gen the legendaries were very unmemorable, bland, and extremely lazy, most of them felt like regular pokemon, wtf is up with meloetta?
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#3BeeteyPosted 9/29/2013 2:02:22 PM
_____Cait posted...
Is it just me or does it seem like you can never catch many of them. We have had multiple gen 1 and gen 4 events, and heart gold and soul silver got us those guys, but gen 3 always seems to get forgotten,

Most of the gen 3 legendaries were available in HG/SS
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#4NegaZeldaPosted 9/29/2013 2:08:18 PM
This is only somewhat true. Some are more difficult to get than others:

Regirock, Regice, Registeel - R/S/E, Event Regigigas in Platinum, B2/W2
Latias, Latios - R/S/E, HG/SS, B2/W2
Kyogre - S/E, HG
Groudon - R/E, SS
Rayquaza - R/S/E, HG/SS (when have the above 2)
Jirachi - R/S/E Event, D/P/Pt Event, B/W/B2/W2 Event
Deoxys - R/S/E Event, D/P Event, B/W/B2/W2 Event

So, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are *technically* the most difficult to get (assuming you are around for events when they occur). The rest are either readily available in B2/W2 OR have had a multitude of events across all of the past 3 Gens.

There are several legendaries that share the same amount of appearances as the Gen 3 box-art Legends though. Ho-Oh and Lugia are only catchable in HG/SS easily, needing an event in Gen 3 and a 3DS app for Gen 5 (even then, you need HG/SS in the DS slot for them anyway). Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are only catchable in D/P/Pt, an event in HG/SS or through the aforementioned 3DS app. Cresselia and the Lake Pixies can only be caught in D/P/Pt or B2/W2.

Though I will readily admit that before B2/W2, the Regis won the most tedious award for getting them, having to be transferred from Gen 3 or a lucky Gen 4 cart with the Event Regigigas.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972