This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 3 legendaries

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen 3 legendaries
3 years ago#1
Is it just me or does it seem like you can never catch many of them. We have had multiple gen 1 and gen 4 events, and heart gold and soul silver got us those guys, but gen 3 always seems to get forgotten,
Moumoon
3 years ago#2
It might be because Gen 3 is the only game that is very old and still has no remake.

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, latio, Latias, Jirachi, and the regis.

Gen 3 had many legendary, many variations, the color contrast of each rivalry was excellent. just look at this: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/39/Weather_trio.png

The worst ones are Gen V...i mean, for a very recent gen the legendaries were very unmemorable, bland, and extremely lazy, most of them felt like regular pokemon, wtf is up with meloetta?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
3 years ago#3
_____Cait posted...
Is it just me or does it seem like you can never catch many of them. We have had multiple gen 1 and gen 4 events, and heart gold and soul silver got us those guys, but gen 3 always seems to get forgotten,

Most of the gen 3 legendaries were available in HG/SS
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
3 years ago#4
This is only somewhat true. Some are more difficult to get than others:

Regirock, Regice, Registeel - R/S/E, Event Regigigas in Platinum, B2/W2
Latias, Latios - R/S/E, HG/SS, B2/W2
Kyogre - S/E, HG
Groudon - R/E, SS
Rayquaza - R/S/E, HG/SS (when have the above 2)
Jirachi - R/S/E Event, D/P/Pt Event, B/W/B2/W2 Event
Deoxys - R/S/E Event, D/P Event, B/W/B2/W2 Event

So, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are *technically* the most difficult to get (assuming you are around for events when they occur). The rest are either readily available in B2/W2 OR have had a multitude of events across all of the past 3 Gens.

There are several legendaries that share the same amount of appearances as the Gen 3 box-art Legends though. Ho-Oh and Lugia are only catchable in HG/SS easily, needing an event in Gen 3 and a 3DS app for Gen 5 (even then, you need HG/SS in the DS slot for them anyway). Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are only catchable in D/P/Pt, an event in HG/SS or through the aforementioned 3DS app. Cresselia and the Lake Pixies can only be caught in D/P/Pt or B2/W2.

Though I will readily admit that before B2/W2, the Regis won the most tedious award for getting them, having to be transferred from Gen 3 or a lucky Gen 4 cart with the Event Regigigas.
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen 3 legendaries

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived