This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Xerneas is 2x effective and 2x resistent against Yveltal?

#1OliverTehOmfaPosted 9/29/2013 3:26:36 PM
http://www.serebii.net/xy/fairytype.shtml
If this chart is correct. And Xerneas is pure Fairy and Yveltal is Dark/Flying it means Xerneas is the better one in a battle of the two?
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/29/2013 3:27:26 PM
It depends on the stats and the movepool. although types can mean the difference in a match up, it's not always the definitive conclusion.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3XerneasPosted 9/29/2013 3:27:40 PM
OliverTehOmfa posted...
Xerneas is the better one in a battle of the two?

Naturally.
---
- X -
#4LexifoxPosted 9/29/2013 3:28:04 PM
We don't know about moves, etc., but it's not uncommon for one cover Pokemon to have an advantage against the other.

Charizard beats Venusaur
Lugia beats Ho-oh (Rock/Water moves)
Kyogre beats Groudon

etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5reaverzPosted 9/29/2013 3:28:40 PM
This isn't exactly new. Gen III and IV both had mascots with type advantages against the other.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6Tigo73Posted 9/29/2013 3:28:54 PM
Discounting coverage moves, Xerneas wins in a 1 VS 1. However, this is not indicative of which one is the overall better Pokemon.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#7SettaWorldTeethPosted 9/29/2013 3:28:55 PM
Xerneas will be amazing in ubers. Can switch into all the dragons with ease.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#8GeneralKenobi85Posted 9/29/2013 3:29:55 PM
Yeah but Yveltal also has his Flying STAB. Xerneas has the advantage in battle against Yveltal with what we know so far. But all we know so far is types. We still need stats and movepools to know for sure. Though Xerneas also has an ability that boosts Fairy's power, so it can probably hit Yveltal really hard.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#9The_Undying_84Posted 9/29/2013 3:36:01 PM
Yeah, I don't really like it. With Groundon/Kyogre at least Groudon had Solarbeam+Drought to even it out a little, Yveltal would need a really good Steel/Poison move to do that which seems pretty unlikely.

And unfortunately there's no type a potential Z legendary could have that would complete a trio.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#10Great_ReapettePosted 9/29/2013 3:37:33 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Yeah, I don't really like it. With Groundon/Kyogre at least Groudon had Solarbeam+Drought to even it out a little, Yveltal would need a really good Steel/Poison move to do that which seems pretty unlikely.

And unfortunately there's no type a potential Z legendary could have that would complete a trio.

I dunno, Yveltal being the deathbringer and whatnot, I could see a Poison move or two.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.