This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Aurorus has crazy high defence!

#11ShineboltPosted 9/30/2013 5:09:48 PM
MoonLightCloud posted...
Shinebolt posted...
And this is why I only play in-game. Too many nice pokemon that just don't stand a chance competitvely. I'll use Aurorus all I want and it won't matter one bit because it'll still kick ass. :)

You do know that there is more to competitive than just OU?

They have tiers like UU (Under Used) and NU (Never Used) specifically for Pokemon that can't make it in OU (There are more tiers than those as well).

And yet that doesn't stop people from saying certain pokemon suck competitively now does it? I was pointing out how I don't care how Aurorus, or any pokemon, does competitively.
---
Take this post seriously at your own risk.
#12RAcastBlasterPosted 9/30/2013 5:28:53 PM(edited)
Shinebolt posted...
MoonLightCloud posted...
Shinebolt posted...
And this is why I only play in-game. Too many nice pokemon that just don't stand a chance competitvely. I'll use Aurorus all I want and it won't matter one bit because it'll still kick ass. :)

They have tiers like UU (Under Used) and NU (Never Used) specifically for Pokemon that can't make it in OU (There are more tiers than those as well).

And yet that doesn't stop people from saying certain pokemon suck competitively now does it? I was pointing out how I don't care how Aurorus, or any pokemon, does competitively.

But, unfortunately, some pokemon do inevitably suck. Corsola, for example, is a normal, non-gimmick pokemon with just awful stats and a terrible typing and there's nothing it can do effectively. Which is a shame, because I've grown quite attached to the little thing over the course of my random-egg Black 2 run. It was the first egg I hatched, it was basically my starter! Poor Corsola, no love for it from Gamefreak...
---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
#13GooperBlooperPosted 9/30/2013 5:30:15 PM
smallface_gray posted...
I'll use the s*** out of this thing in game, the 4x weakness be damned. However, it probably won't see much competitive love. But who cares. Probably less than 10% of all pokemon are really viable in competition anyways.

---
The Blooper has spoken.
#14Meta289Posted 9/30/2013 5:33:43 PM
Even with high defenses, Aurorus isn't going to be able to take a x4 damage hit well.

I did the calculations, and even with a base 100 HP and 255 Defense, with 252 EVs and 31 IVs in both stats and a Defense boosting nature, something like a Choice Band Scizor will still have a guaranteed two-hit kill.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#15Shackleford_RPosted 9/30/2013 5:36:34 PM
Wouldn't the only thing that saves Aurorus be ice shard (or ice quick attack, I guess, it'd end up the same.) and very high attack? I don't know squat about competitive battling, that's just the impression I got.
#16MoonLightCloudPosted 9/30/2013 5:40:01 PM
Shinebolt posted...
MoonLightCloud posted...
Shinebolt posted...

You're such a nice guy.

Seemed a lot like you did care, but whatever.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#17ShineboltPosted 9/30/2013 8:03:09 PM
MoonLightCloud posted...
Shinebolt posted...
MoonLightCloud posted...
Shinebolt posted...

You're such a nice guy.

Seemed a lot like you did care, but whatever.

Guess I should've been more clear then because I don't. By "nice" pokemon I meant purely from an aesthetic view. Their stats/typing won't hinder me from using them in-game, and maybe I should've said I don't care for competitive battling instead because whether a pokemon is considered good competitively or considered bad competitively won't have an impact on my liking and using them. Probably shouldn't have made it seem like the only reason as well because it isn't.

I have a tendency to explain things poorly so hopefully that does a better job at it.
---
Take this post seriously at your own risk.