This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sooo....are they actually going to give out Wi-fi only events for once?

#21MaetchPosted 9/29/2013 5:51:12 PM
Kuraikawa posted...
Yes, I meant money for the game. I know the event Pokemon is free.

And there is a little basic animal instinct called reciprocation. Basically, if someone does a small favor for you, like letting you download an event Pokemon, then you feel obligated to do something for them in return. Like pre-order a game or buy something. Some religious groups were banned from airports because they took advantage of reciprocation and gave small gifts to people. The people then felt obligated to donate to the group, often for more than the gift was worth. It isn't like your just an idiot for feeling obligated to pay someone back, most animals understand the concept of reciprocity.

I understand it, but I still don't feel any obligation to GameStop over a few downloadable Pokemon. If they sell something I like, I'll buy it (funds permitting) because I want it and nothing else.
#22SilverWingZetaPosted 9/29/2013 5:55:13 PM
Kuraikawa posted...
Yes, I meant money for the game. I know the event Pokemon is free.

And there is a little basic animal instinct called reciprocation. Basically, if someone does a small favor for you, like letting you download an event Pokemon, then you feel obligated to do something for them in return. Like pre-order a game or buy something. Some religious groups were banned from airports because they took advantage of reciprocation and gave small gifts to people. The people then felt obligated to donate to the group, often for more than the gift was worth. It isn't like your just an idiot for feeling obligated to pay someone back, most animals understand the concept of reciprocity.

I'm not sure why Nintendo chooses Gamestop (in the US) and no one else to host these events. It seems like they are favoring drumming up business for Gamestop.

I think Nintendo chose game stop over most stores is because there are more gamestops then other stores.
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)
#23Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/29/2013 6:00:30 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
The purpose of events isn't for you to get pokemon, it's for them to get your money. They can't do that over wifi.

You can just walk in, download, and walk out. No exchange of money is needed.

thats not true..between my work and home there are 3 gs within 100 miles..none which participate in the event..
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#24GeraunPosted 9/29/2013 7:55:36 PM
I personally find since the games will be world wide, that events should be done same time world wide. And if Nintendo/ Game Freak chooses a specific store world wide, that it should also be wi-fi downloadable too. I understand the idea of making the events exclusive. But not everyone can visit a specific store. It should be our choice to download the event via a store or via wi-fi. Nintendo/ Game Freak should also look into countries world wide that is also not able to visit stores. Nintendo should also take away region block, especially if they want to us to pay for more games via the in console store. If they also have the Poke Bank region block, a lot of persons in foreign countries will not be able to download and use it. Nintendo/ Game Freak needs to create better strategies to make everyone interested in investing in their games. I for one do not believe in DLC, so I hope they don't go into it too. If they want to have a DLC feature, it should be that you can download past events with no charge if you did not get it and they can keep it as one download too to avoid multiple downloads.