This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if a Champion returns I hope it is Alder instead of Cynthia.

#31LightningAce11Posted 9/30/2013 4:58:49 PM
I like alders theme.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#32CaptainBangPosted 9/30/2013 5:00:26 PM
tvecthetrex posted...
Adler is the best developed champion we have ever had...

A once proud trainer that lost one of his pokemon, most likely being too reckless in battle, and then travels around the very region he is the champion of to reconnect with what made him great in the first place: comradery

Yeah he falls short of when N beats him but that just adds to his character and shows that even he has room to grow. He isn't this almighty flawless champion but a real person.

^this

Just replayed White, Alder is really more interesting then Cynthia for sure.
---
CoD players should stick to things suitable for their level of intelligence, such as flicking light switches.
#33DeathtatorPosted 9/30/2013 5:16:09 PM
At least alder has better character development then Wallace, Steven,Cynthia or Iris.
But Ultimately its a toss up if he's better then Blue Or lance.
#34Chandler014Posted 9/30/2013 5:21:32 PM
I haven't really been into his character. Then again, Only Pokemon Character i actually was interesting in was N, so i can't say much on that.
---
The official Slapper of Englishhedgehog and MetalFalchionPinch. Bow Before my Slapping Fury!
Team Miror For Life! Card: http://i.imgur.com/qWGIb65.png
#35primusninePosted 9/30/2013 5:29:43 PM
ZeroRidley posted...
alder is an old fart tho

Alder is in his 40s, max. Old? lol can't wait til you reach that age and realize how differently you think about old.

Cynthia is boring as hell. She wears all black, is all straight laced and dull.

Alder was introduced to us in the series hitting on Officer Jenny and saying how fun it would be if she arrested him. He then goes on to defeat a Boldore with his bare hands and make it his bro.

In the games he constantly teaches people to chill, enjoy life, respect the Pokemon and always love and care for the world, not just use Pseudo-legendaries, trollhaxors and epic stallers.

Cynthia is Gamefreaks image of Smogon. Only cares about stats and victories.

Alder is their image of awesome players. Relaxed people who have fun and enjoy it all.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#36FullAutoCVTPosted 9/30/2013 5:32:35 PM
CaptainBang posted...
tvecthetrex posted...

A once proud trainer that lost one of his pokemon, most likely being too reckless in battle, and then travels around the very region he is the champion of to reconnect with what made him great in the first place: comradery

Yeah he falls short of when N beats him but that just adds to his character and shows that even he has room to grow. He isn't this almighty flawless champion but a real person.

That's the thing. You don't get to be the best around by having room to grow. You don't become the best by having no focus or wangsting about past mistakes, while not learning from them.Take any given pro sports team. Any given benchwarmer there is better than 99.999% of the people in their country at their sport of expertise. If pokemon were real, it would be an absolute miracle, no an act of a god, for someone like him to become the best.

He lost to N because he just doesn't have what it takes.

But opinions are opinions, I digress.
#37SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/30/2013 5:32:40 PM
Alder didn't get his chance to shine, but I think this region's champion will be someone new and different.

As for some champion returning for a battle afterward, anything is possible. Heck, why not have them all just show up? Another PWT? I'd give my opinion on which Champion is "good" or "bad", but let's be honest: it's just my opinion. I don't think anyone really cares that much.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#38tvecthetrexPosted 9/30/2013 5:50:06 PM
FullAutoCVT posted...
CaptainBang posted...
tvecthetrex posted...

That's the thing. You don't get to be the best around by having room to grow. You don't become the best by having no focus or wangsting about past mistakes, while not learning from them.Take any given pro sports team. Any given benchwarmer there is better than 99.999% of the people in their country at their sport of expertise. If pokemon were real, it would be an absolute miracle, no an act of a god, for someone like him to become the best.

He lost to N because he just doesn't have what it takes.

But opinions are opinions, I digress.

I don't think you understood the plot of B/W... also there is no "best", someone will always be better at something at some point in one way or another; even in pokemon, there are people who win the VGC one year and then lose the next. They were the best at one point but then were beaten by the next best person...

There is always room to grow even if you are "the best". The best are only the best because they know there is room to grow and continue to push themselves to the next level.

So to that point Adler was the best who gotten beaten by someone better and it made him a badass realistic character in a game that only had one dimensional characters i.e. Lance, Steven, etc, etc...
#39FullAutoCVTPosted 9/30/2013 7:21:24 PM
tvecthetrex posted...
FullAutoCVT posted...

I don't think you understood the plot of B/W... also there is no "best", someone will always be better at something at some point in one way or another; even in pokemon, there are people who win the VGC one year and then lose the next. They were the best at one point but then were beaten by the next best person...

There is always room to grow even if you are "the best". The best are only the best because they know there is room to grow and continue to push themselves to the next level.

So to that point Adler was the best who gotten beaten by someone better and it made him a badass realistic character in a game that only had one dimensional characters i.e. Lance, Steven, etc, etc...

The plot of BW regarding Alder was that he stumbled and lost his way, and therefore was unable to do anything when when he needed to get things done. It becomes the player character's job to fill that void that Alder could not. You're obviously supposed to be halfway between Cheren and Alder. Cheren is like a young Alder, and present day Alder is what happens when he failed to adapt properly to his own mistakes.

Basically, Cheren is all push and no direction, while Alder lost his push in search of direction. That's the theme of BW, if you didn't notice. It's about balance. N's out of balance, Cheren's out of balance, Alder's out of balance. A true champion has it all. A champion, as in the best. The player characters have both push and direction. The "boring" champions have both push and direction. If you've ever tried being the best at something you'll notice that the people who end up on top tend to have a lot of things in common.