This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Hoenn get so much praise on this board?

#1mexicannonPosted 9/30/2013 3:35:11 PM
Hoenn is nowhere near as bad as people say it is, but it isn't the omg best gen of all time either. Every other place bashes on the water in Hoenn, but it seems like everyone here loves Hoenn. This is only on gamefaqs which is weird. Personally, Hoenn is maybe top two IMO.
#2Sir_BadassPosted 9/30/2013 3:36:15 PM
It's like the Zelda cycle except for Pokemon

If RSE remakes are made people will move on to Sinnoh being the best ever
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 9/30/2013 3:36:36 PM
It's the Pokecycle.
Newest Gen = Second best gen overall, but with the best games.
Previous Gen = Sucks overall, but has good games.
Gen before that = Best gen ever!!!!
All gens before that = Classics.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/30/2013 3:36:40 PM
Because this site has a lot of alt accounts.

Up until Gen V, Gen III got very little support by any fans, then all of a sudden a huge spurt out of nowhere with people saying eerily similar statements.

That doesn't mean all fan support for gen III is that, hell I support it at times just to deprive the hate (same as Gen II) but I do agree with the concept TC, and it is true.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5BrightStar7Posted 9/30/2013 3:38:47 PM
Personally I think the Pokémon are far better overall than the first 2 gens. But there are too many one stagers. The region was interesting but I feel it would translate much better on a newer system. Johto didn't manage to do that cause its so bland.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#617MasterPosted 9/30/2013 3:42:48 PM
The praise is vocal to counter the vocal hate. Or the hate is vocal to counter the vocal praise. Not sure which one started it, but that's essentially the idea. If Hoenn (or any region/Generation) gets bashed on (which it does rather frequently, and from the little I've observed, it's usually unprovoked and unwarranted) then those that like Hoenn are going to step up to its defense. Alternatively, if Hoenn (or any region/Generation) gets gushed over, those that dislike it are going to point out the flaws (or, as I tend to observe, resort to launching insults like "Hoennbaby").

That's pretty much how things work on the Internet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#7mexicannon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 3:50:35 PM
17Master posted...
The praise is vocal to counter the vocal hate. Or the hate is vocal to counter the vocal praise. Not sure which one started it, but that's essentially the idea. If Hoenn (or any region/Generation) gets bashed on (which it does rather frequently, and from the little I've observed, it's usually unprovoked and unwarranted) then those that like Hoenn are going to step up to its defense. Alternatively, if Hoenn (or any region/Generation) gets gushed over, those that dislike it are going to point out the flaws (or, as I tend to observe, resort to launching insults like "Hoennbaby").

That's pretty much how things work on the Internet.

Yeah, I can see what your saying. Hoenn was nowhere near as bad as Johto which had the most bland pokemon and a terrible region, IMO
#813_TanksPosted 9/30/2013 3:50:40 PM
I only like Gen 3 because of FireRed. That game was hot as hell. Gen 4 did have HeartGold which was just as awesome.
---
Check out what I'm playing this week at:
http://www.gamesmelter.com/what-im-playing-this-week-14/
#9summerclawPosted 9/30/2013 3:51:53 PM
Hoenn was hated as hell when Gen IV was out. People got their remakes of their "perfect gen 2" and most people realized that gen 2 sucked ass.

Gen 4 is the best one, followed by Gen 3.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#1017MasterPosted 9/30/2013 3:53:48 PM
summerclaw posted...
Hoenn was hated as hell when Gen IV was out. People got their remakes of their "perfect gen 2" and most people realized that gen 2 sucked ass.

Gen 4 is the best one, followed by Gen 3.

Gen 2 was great because it fixed mechanics. The games/region were pretty flawed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master