This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Oblivion Wing is Super Effective Against Fairy types (1st board)

#1XandY101Posted 9/30/2013 4:18:28 PM
Freeze dry is super effective against water types, so the trend of there being special moves that are super effective against types that would normally resist them might become common. Yveltal's Oblivion Wing/ Death Wing is very different sounding and looking from ANY dark move and nothing is know about it so far, so maybe that is why information about it kept a secret, other than the fact that it is a dark type move. Yveltal is the destruction/death pokemon and therefore it should be super effective against the life pokemon Xerneas, plus this would balance everything out instead of it being a Palkia/Dialga relationship. Death/poison is a fairy's weakness so this might just happen. As a backlash it might be like a hyper beam or overheat as well.

The reason that I mention Palkia and Dialga rather than Groudon and Kyogre is because Yveltal will more than likely be faster than Xerneas as it moves much faster than it in every trailer and even attacked first in one of them, therefore giving us a big hint. Even if it does not get the type advantage, it could get a speed advantage and have a large and powerful variety of moves such as poison, for example sludge bomb.
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/30/2013 4:19:55 PM
It's very well plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if many moves act in such a way that are introduced this gen. Maybe even denying immunities. (think a Psychic move that is SE against Dark types)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3Bryant88Posted 9/30/2013 4:20:49 PM
That would be so much WIN!
---
"***** So deep I call it the Marianas trench"
- Helen Keller
#4BrightStar7Posted 9/30/2013 4:21:14 PM
Looks to me like it has a secondary effect of healing the user after damaging the foe. Dunno about any secondary type. Geomancy is far likelier to have a secondary type or SE function.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#5XandY101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 4:39:35 PM
You know I was thinking about that for a psychic move.
#6XandY101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 4:42:00 PM
It might heal Yveltal or Yveltal might have held a healing item in the trailer. It just would not make sense to me for a move of destruction to heal the user or for geomancy to be super effective against another type such as poison. That would just make Xerneas overpowered, but would be balances if Yveltal had a move that did that, though healing would be good too and quite annoying.