This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Convince me why IVs should stay.

#11MikeAtTheSourcePosted 9/30/2013 5:37:48 PM
Ask Gf
#12LordAlistairPosted 9/30/2013 5:38:34 PM
Removing them would nerf Trick Room teams.

They should stay, just be controllable or at least easier to get perfect.
---
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#13BalloonBattle05(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 5:40:03 PM
LordAlistair posted...
Removing them would nerf Trick Room teams.

They should stay, just be controllable or at least easier to get perfect.

I agree, but between removing IVs and making them stay, removing them is better.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#14untrustfulPosted 9/30/2013 5:42:52 PM
You guys want an idea on how to deal with ivs?

Shorten the range. Instead of 0-31 make it 0-15, bam.
---
Sleep and Dreams FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/284-sleep-and-dreams/44956530
#15RAcastBlasterPosted 9/30/2013 5:46:35 PM
untrustful posted...
You guys want an idea on how to deal with ivs?

Shorten the range. Instead of 0-31 make it 0-15, bam.

Or, y'know, just make them easily fixable.
---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
#16Faust_8Posted 9/30/2013 5:56:49 PM
1) They make Pokemon more unique. Without them, all Pokemon of the same nature and EVs are the exact damn same. Catch an Adamant level 30 Gyarados and it's the same as EVERY Adamant level 30 Gyarados THAT WILL EVER EXIST. Until you start putting EVs into it, and there's only a few good ways to do that.

2) They give you something to strive for, and make your "perfect" Pokemon that much more special. And not "meh, caught/bred it, EV trained it, done. There's 187545987 just like it."

3) Play on Showdown for ****s sake, if you care THAT much about having perfect everything.

4) If the problem is how invisible and how hard it is to breed for them, why wouldn't you want to fix THAT rather that removing IVs altogether? Why not just say they should be more visible and more ways to consistently breed them?
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#17jamieyelloPosted 9/30/2013 5:58:41 PM
Faust_8 posted...
1) They make Pokemon more unique. Without them, all Pokemon of the same nature and EVs are the exact damn same. Catch an Adamant level 30 Gyarados and it's the same as EVERY Adamant level 30 Gyarados THAT WILL EVER EXIST. Until you start putting EVs into it, and there's only a few good ways to do that.

2) They give you something to strive for, and make your "perfect" Pokemon that much more special. And not "meh, caught/bred it, EV trained it, done. There's 187545987 just like it."

3) Play on Showdown for ****s sake, if you care THAT much about having perfect everything.

4) If the problem is how invisible and how hard it is to breed for them, why wouldn't you want to fix THAT rather that removing IVs altogether? Why not just say they should be more visible and more ways to consistently breed them?

To replace IVs they should add EVs in random stats when caught. There! I fixed IVs.
---
#18erekwashere15Posted 9/30/2013 6:02:13 PM
GameFreak implemented them, and has yet to take them out.

Argue that.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
#19Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/30/2013 6:04:10 PM
Faust_8 posted...

There are many things that can be added to make Pokemon unique, or IV values can be lower.

There's nothing to strive for with it, this isn't like making the perfect Mage in Elder Scrolls. IVs are a little more luck based.

We shouldn't have to be restricted to Showdown.

Because we can have them altered and made better off without the randomness, either way it's practically the same thing.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#20TicapapelPosted 9/30/2013 6:04:29 PM
jamieyello: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67169015 I suggested this but no one gave me a good reason to not do it...