This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Norman is my favorite gym leader. Here's why.

#1GooperBlooperPosted 9/30/2013 10:54:23 PM
1. OMG you finally have a dad! And he's actually employed! AND you get to fight him later on and get a feeling of "Wow, I just surpassed my own father!" I was glad they finally implemented the main character having a father, and having some relevance to the plot in a fun way. Too bad they never gave the protagonist a father again. WTF why not?

2. He has a simple design and is not over-the-top ridiculous with his appearance and poses, like a lot of later gen Gym Leaders seem to be. He's just a plain ol' looking dude, which is fitting since he specializes in Normal-type Pokemon. Simplicity is the best.

3. He uses Slakings and a Vigoroth, some of my favorite Pokemon out there. I also found him really difficult when I was younger. Maybe not too much now, but I genuinely would have a tougher time with him than I did with gym leaders before and after.
---
The Blooper has spoken.
#2darkdragongirlPosted 9/30/2013 10:59:50 PM
This is why I want Ma and Pa-Champ 2013 as either champions or double battle gym leaders. We haven't had one since Liza and Tate right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/kicwsS1.jpg made it myself
A whole new region~
#3GooperBlooper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 10:36:22 AM
Bumpity
---
The Blooper has spoken.
#4JustwanttolookPosted 10/1/2013 10:39:41 AM
Thinking about Norman made me realize that Emerald has the toughest Gym Leaders I ever fought :/
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#5Megumi samaPosted 10/1/2013 12:01:16 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
Thinking about Norman made me realize that Emerald has the toughest Gym Leaders I ever fought :/

Norman's difficulty is entirely based on whether you abuse protect. Slaking has the stats of a legendary (and Norman has two of them), but he's infamously predictable. The rest of his team isn't nearly as challenging.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#6FireSeerPosted 10/1/2013 12:05:28 PM
Yeah one great thing about Emerald is the level of difficulty; Norman and Tate/Liza can be an actual challenge, which is great.
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.