This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Norman is my favorite gym leader. Here's why.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Norman is my favorite gym leader. Here's why.
3 years ago#1
1. OMG you finally have a dad! And he's actually employed! AND you get to fight him later on and get a feeling of "Wow, I just surpassed my own father!" I was glad they finally implemented the main character having a father, and having some relevance to the plot in a fun way. Too bad they never gave the protagonist a father again. WTF why not?

2. He has a simple design and is not over-the-top ridiculous with his appearance and poses, like a lot of later gen Gym Leaders seem to be. He's just a plain ol' looking dude, which is fitting since he specializes in Normal-type Pokemon. Simplicity is the best.

3. He uses Slakings and a Vigoroth, some of my favorite Pokemon out there. I also found him really difficult when I was younger. Maybe not too much now, but I genuinely would have a tougher time with him than I did with gym leaders before and after.
The Blooper has spoken.
3 years ago#2
This is why I want Ma and Pa-Champ 2013 as either champions or double battle gym leaders. We haven't had one since Liza and Tate right?
http://i.imgur.com/kicwsS1.jpg made it myself
A whole new region~
3 years ago#3
Bumpity
The Blooper has spoken.
3 years ago#4
Thinking about Norman made me realize that Emerald has the toughest Gym Leaders I ever fought :/
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
3 years ago#5
Justwanttolook posted...
Thinking about Norman made me realize that Emerald has the toughest Gym Leaders I ever fought :/

Norman's difficulty is entirely based on whether you abuse protect. Slaking has the stats of a legendary (and Norman has two of them), but he's infamously predictable. The rest of his team isn't nearly as challenging.
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
3 years ago#6
Yeah one great thing about Emerald is the level of difficulty; Norman and Tate/Liza can be an actual challenge, which is great.
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Norman is my favorite gym leader. Here's why.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived