This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just Got a Call From GameStop...

#61morgoth834Posted 10/5/2013 7:32:03 AM
k20adam posted...
TRKelia posted...
I am wondering if the Gamestop mentioned in the first post stuck to their word.

Nope. Confirmed employee idiocy with the SM this morning, after waiting for 30 minutes.

Dang. That's rough.
#62TRKeliaPosted 10/5/2013 7:33:50 AM
k20adam posted...
TRKelia posted...

Nope. Confirmed employee idiocy with the SM this morning, after waiting for 30 minutes.

I wonder if the employee got in trouble for telling people the game was coming out early. Didn't he call up other people, or am I imagining that?
#63Firemaster5Posted 10/5/2013 8:33:20 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/pokemon-x-y/default.aspx to check for midnight releases or when stores open (possibly slightly earlier)
:( for me
TRKelia posted...
k20adam posted...
TRKelia posted...

I wonder if the employee got in trouble for telling people the game was coming out early. Didn't he call up other people, or am I imagining that?

lol
Tough s***
---
"Sorry to be frank but if you were interested in JRPGs and bought a 360 only then you flat out chose the wrong system."-Thamauturge
#64pratypusPosted 10/5/2013 8:37:55 PM
1.- Make friends with the dude that works at Gamestop
2.- Have him let you know when they get the game
3.- Pay him in cash for the game and get it before release
4.- As soon as the game is officialy released he puts the money in the register and registers a sale
5.- ???
6.- PROFIT!

I've done this even for major releases like Brawl and even pokemon White.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3846-7427 Pratypus in everything else.
#65ZrorroPosted 10/5/2013 8:41:47 PM(edited)
Yeah they told you the wrong day. I work at a GameStop and had to make the some calls for my people who preordered, its Saturday the 12th. Some stores will be opening a hour earlier than normal that day. Other stores may do a midnight release.
---
XBL: Zrorro the 2nd (Wii) 2968-1959-7665-4725
PSN: Zrorro