This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon XY street date seemingly broken in Canada and Italy

#1ThePhantomZPosted 10/1/2013 11:00:39 PM
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/10/01/pokemon-x-y-street-date-broken-in-canada-and-italy/

Sooo, with the pictures from instagram as well as the imgur one that has two images, im pretty sure the next week is gonna be exploding with pictures. THE QUESTION is, that since people ARE posting pictures pre-release, does nintendo have a legal claim in sue'ing them? or because stores ignored the streetdate and released some of them do the people who do post them have leeway?
---
<3.
#2nro87Posted 10/1/2013 11:01:53 PM
Not seemingly. There are a lot of reports about it. Lots of locations sold the game early. That means a lot of retailers are about to get sued.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/1/2013 11:02:40 PM
Nintendo can not sue a customer for buying a product early.

If they discover from which store they purchased, they can make claims of damage on reputation/etc. and sue said retail chain.

The only thing they can sue a person who has the game early for is if they send them a C&D letter over copyright material and tell them to remove their photos/accounts. If they don't then they can take them to court.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4President_MarthPosted 10/1/2013 11:03:27 PM
Everyone that is spoiling it and selling it early deserves to be locked up in a prison that has no wifi.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs
#5TakayaNorikoPosted 10/1/2013 11:05:03 PM
President_Marth posted...
Everyone that is spoiling it and selling it early deserves to be locked up in a prison that has no wifi.

But still have wired Internet. We're aren't monsters.
---
I've heard everything! Hand me the dodos!
#6TruePowerSeekerPosted 10/1/2013 11:05:18 PM

Someone is butt hurt that some people are getting to play the game before them.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
http://tinyurl.com/kwzh647
#7koggxPosted 10/1/2013 11:06:15 PM
lol i doubt it would happen but imagine if Nintendo's response was "oh it leaked ok we will release it this Saturday the 5th instead of the 12th to minimize any potential damage"
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/1/2013 11:06:34 PM

I have no impulse control, how dare they leak forcing me to look at said leaks! - Is all I see from this post.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 10/2/2013 12:04:01 AM
"seemingly" lol

I love how the article tries to claim this will ruin the launch and they recommend you wait blah blah blah as if this is some terrible immoral thing.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#10CA0001Posted 10/2/2013 12:40:39 AM
While I am neutral to the leaks and have been looking at them myself, it is indeed an immoral business practice.

Those shops are breaking agreement for more money, that is greedy and immoral.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)