This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Delphox Greninja and Chesnaught Discussion.

#21the_NGWPosted 10/2/2013 6:29:09 PM
I'm picking Delphox because Braixen is ****ing hot.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0344-9443-2457, Newtown Dream Address (AC:NL): 5400-2162-1014
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
#22Kementarri(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 6:29:37 PM
The fact that Greninja is a water sweeper is making me really want to start out with both Delphox and Greninja. The lack of water sweepers in this game is one of the most annoying things to me. It has the largest pool of pokemon but somehow the least amount of sweepers =/ Starmie and Floatzel are like the only two besides Kalos.
---
Caldazar Sedai Level 50 SMN
Server: Coeurl
#23gatz900Posted 10/2/2013 6:34:46 PM
Delphox:

I'm picking Delphox. I don't really care for the design as I feel the hair coming out of it's ears looks ridiculous, but I absolutely love fennekin and braxen over the other starters' 1st and 2nd forms. Also, I love the typing of fire/physic as that gives me room to make my other pokemon varied.

Greninja:

The most popular design but I don't like it. I hate the tongue scarf and it looks way too angular. It is a shame because I would have liked to go Greninja/Charizard from the get-go but cannot stand the 2nd/3rd design of froakie.

Chesnaught:

I think the 3rd form is overall the best looking out of the three starters' final forms lookwise although I can see why some people hate the colors and proportions of it. I'm not too crazy about the typing of it however.
#24paiprPosted 10/2/2013 6:37:48 PM
Chespin since day 1, still going Chespin.

Going reverse.

Greninja, least favorite name, just cause...Why suddenly go french? Gre is part of the french word for frog, ok I get that, but this is the first time they use it, plus Froninja just sounds better, easier to pronounce. Design wise, it doesn't really wow me, but it also doesn't leave me feeling negative towards it. The big thing aka the tongue, I'm ok with it, the random splash of pink is weird. Also bit sad to see the foam go, kinda wish they had hidden the tongue under foam.

Delphox, such a great name, fun to say, catches your attention, and unique sounding for a starter. Design wise, it looks less feminine which is good, and they managed to keep the ear hair without over doing it. Bit sad to see that it doesnt have a staff, and that it doesn't sit on it floating causing it to line up with its tail so it looks like a broom, but isnt a broom.

Chesnaught, the name is cool but it bothers me that the whole line wasn't Ches(something) to start with Ches, then Quil, then back to Ches seems odd. Design wise. Right now its 50/50. I feel like the thing that leaves me most not 100% behind it is the lack of brown. Seriously where did the brown go, and why is there suddenly so much sand color? Also why is its facial hair white, and is it bald now? Someone made this art, and honestly just the brown would've been a bit better; http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380766343582.jpg
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#25paiprPosted 10/2/2013 6:42:05 PM
paipr posted...
Chespin since day 1, still going Chespin.

Going reverse.

Greninja, least favorite name, just cause...Why suddenly go french? Gre is part of the french word for frog, ok I get that, but this is the first time they use it, plus Froninja just sounds better, easier to pronounce. Design wise, it doesn't really wow me, but it also doesn't leave me feeling negative towards it. The big thing aka the tongue, I'm ok with it, the random splash of pink is weird. Also bit sad to see the foam go, kinda wish they had hidden the tongue under foam.

Delphox, such a great name, fun to say, catches your attention, and unique sounding for a starter. Design wise, it looks less feminine which is good, and they managed to keep the ear hair without over doing it. Bit sad to see that it doesnt have a staff, and that it doesn't sit on it floating causing it to line up with its tail so it looks like a broom, but isnt a broom.

Chesnaught, the name is cool but it bothers me that the whole line wasn't Ches(something) to start with Ches, then Quil, then back to Ches seems odd. Design wise. Right now its 50/50. I feel like the thing that leaves me most not 100% behind it is the lack of brown. Seriously where did the brown go, and why is there suddenly so much sand color? Also why is its facial hair white, and is it bald now? Someone made this art, and honestly just the brown would've been a bit better; http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380766343582.jpg
also I would be really ok if this guy is really tall. Any site of its height yet?
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#26Mage_LordPosted 10/2/2013 6:47:45 PM
Why is Chesnaught fighting-type?

What about it screams "fighting-type"? It's suppose to be a knight, but I visually I don't get the reference. It's dex entry doesn't even sound knight-like.

It feels tacked on
---
Paildramon for Smash Bros. 5
#27Kementarri(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:22:30 AM
dump for more discussion! :D
---
Caldazar Sedai Level 50 SMN
Server: Coeurl
#28ThreulePosted 10/3/2013 4:27:59 AM
Mage_Lord posted...
Why is Chesnaught fighting-type?

What about it screams "fighting-type"? It's suppose to be a knight, but I visually I don't get the reference. It's dex entry doesn't even sound knight-like.

It feels tacked on

Fighting because he can be a tank.

Also:

The ninja looks pretty cool, i dont matter that tongue scarf
Dont like the fire at all. Was going to pick it, but I dont feel like have a fur cone in my team
The grass one is ok i guess. They didnt mess like they did with the second. Love the spikes

In the end i'll get froakie, my first water starter
---
PSN: DHRino (EUR), ThreuleJP (JAP)
#29hyperdimeduckPosted 10/3/2013 4:31:08 AM
Picking Greninja, best looking starter out of the 3. Not a fan of Delphox's ear hair, and Chesnaught has to be one of the worst Pokemon ever conceived.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#30The_DragonwPosted 10/3/2013 4:35:20 AM
Delphox: my first choice if the rumour about the rival thing is false.
I don't mind its appearance, and it will have high special attack.

Chesnaught ... My choice if the rival thing is true (unless he doesn't use SE starter). It looks radically different from Quilladin, but I think it needed to.

Greninja... I'd use it if I got over my supreme hatred for frogs since that one in Unova.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1950 8577 8687
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards