This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else thinks its cool that the starters are getting signature moves?

#1naruto6795Posted 10/3/2013 7:28:18 AM
Well i guess they havn't been confirmed to be signature but it seems like they will most likely be. First is chesnaughts "Spikey Shield" which works as protect but inflicts damage to the opponent if they use a contact move. I personally think thats pretty sweet, especially since im using chespin.

Second is Delphox's "Mystical Fire" now i dont think that what this attack does has been revealed yet but if it were my guess it might be a damaging move with a cool side effect.

Third we have greninja, with his move being "water shuriken" now as a lover for ninjas this move just sounds freakin awesome. Maybe a special damage dealing move?

I was just wondering everyone elses opinions on this as i havn't really seen much discussion on the matter
---
3DS code 4742 5554 2818
#2DasDavidPosted 10/3/2013 7:29:37 AM
It's definitely pretty damn cool. I don't play defensive often, but with my starter this time I kinda have to and Spiky Shield is a cool option.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://imgur.com/rlOBXRa
#3InninXIPosted 10/3/2013 7:29:51 AM
I thought starters getting signature moves has been happening since at least gen 3
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess
#4000ajPosted 10/3/2013 7:30:09 AM
Hoenn Starters also had signature moves, Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick and Muddy Water.

Hoenn Remake confirmed!
#5HitagiPosted 10/3/2013 7:30:19 AM
InninXI posted...
I thought starters getting signature moves has been happening since at least gen 3

yeh
#6HejiruPosted 10/3/2013 7:30:34 AM
Hoenn and Unova also did this
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#7Hirokey123Posted 10/3/2013 7:32:47 AM
Mystic fire I believe had a 75 base power and lowers special attack, in addition being it's a fire type move probably means that it can burn which basically makes this move will be good for crippling pokemon.

Water Shuriken is a physical based attack though it remains to be seen if Greninja is a mixed attacker or not because right now its Special Attack is higher. With 15 base power it's not exactly amazing through priority helps make up for it, so it's got potential.

Spikey shield is awesome.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#8The_DragonwPosted 10/3/2013 7:35:51 AM
Hejiru posted...

Emboar got Heat Crash. Perhaps because of the hate for it, they gave it a signature move while the others missed out.

Then Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick and Muddy Water got given to more Pokemon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1950 8577 8687
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#9javel34Posted 10/3/2013 7:37:30 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
Hejiru posted...

Emboar got Heat Crash. Perhaps because of the hate for it, they gave it a signature move while the others missed out.

That happens to every signature move. I think Klinklang and Marowak are the only ones with true signature moves.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#10The_DragonwPosted 10/3/2013 7:42:51 AM
javel34 posted...
The_Dragonw posted...
Hejiru posted...

That happens to every signature move. I think Klinklang and Marowak are the only ones with true signature moves.

Barring legendaries, I think so. Except Heat Crash.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1950 8577 8687
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards