This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creativity and objects.

#11Megaman6924Posted 10/3/2013 8:17:11 PM
Zamphias posted...
Who are you to say people lack creativity because they don't like a particular "theme" of a Pokemon? Ooh big deal, I can make a goddamn sock a Pokemon. It crawls around like a worm and steals socks out of your clothes dryer because it thinks they're its babies. Ooooh am I creative now?

How is "it's and object that magically came to life" any more creative than "it's a turtle that shoots water out its mouth"

Maybe not creative, but definitely butthurt.
---
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
#12seth_sage12300Posted 10/3/2013 8:17:26 PM
Zamphias posted...
Who are you to say people lack creativity because they don't like a particular "theme" of a Pokemon? Ooh big deal, I can make a goddamn sock a Pokemon. It crawls around like a worm and steals socks out of your clothes dryer because it thinks they're its babies. Ooooh am I creative now?

How is "it's and object that magically came to life" any more creative than "it's a turtle that shoots water out its mouth"

Calm down, tough guy.
---
Official member of the Omastar Club.
Official Gen 6 First Route Generic Bird of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#13AlbinoCrocodilePosted 10/3/2013 8:18:09 PM
Zamphias posted...

Ah, the irrational and offensive people arrive.
---
Snap snap.
#14Sir_BadassPosted 10/3/2013 8:19:49 PM
CA0001 posted...
The reason why people can't accept inanimate object Pokemon is because they lack the imagination and creativity themselves.

No, the reason I can't accept it is because it looks ridiculous.
#15Duskull24Posted 10/3/2013 8:20:02 PM
Zamphias posted...

If you really don't understand this then you're either a bad troll or too young to be on the internet
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
I'm not a hater, I just have a low threshold for stupid.
#16the_NGWPosted 10/3/2013 8:20:03 PM
inTaCtfuL posted...
I'm no artist and I can't even draw a stick figure but i never got all the b****** and moaning about inanimate pokemon. most rpgs have stuff like trash for monsters, clocks, violins and other random crap. why should pokemon be different?

While I generally have nothing against these kinds of Pokemon, I can at least understand why others do.

These are living, breathing creatures that are meant to, within the games own logic, realistically exist. Yes you can kinda argue similar to other RPGs, but Pokemon is almost meant to be a representation of a world quite similar to ours, and with wildlife that has evolved and adapted and..it just makes more sense for things to be..animals than for them to be objects.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0344-9443-2457, Newtown Dream Address (AC:NL): 5400-2162-1014
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
#17ZTIger5Posted 10/3/2013 8:20:39 PM
Never thought about it that way... You sir are an eye-opener.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#18ZamphiasPosted 10/3/2013 8:21:34 PM
Duskull24 posted...
Zamphias posted...

If you really don't understand this then you're either a bad troll or too young to be on the internet

I'm asking a legitimate question and I'm still awaiting an answer.
#19Duskull24Posted 10/3/2013 8:21:44 PM
the_NGW posted...
While I generally have nothing against these kinds of Pokemon, I can at least understand why others do.

These are living, breathing creatures that are meant to, within the games own logic, realistically exist. Yes you can kinda argue similar to other RPGs, but Pokemon is almost meant to be a representation of a world quite similar to ours, and with wildlife that has evolved and adapted and..it just makes more sense for things to be..animals than for them to be objects.

So people drew unwarranted assumptions as to what the game should consist of and when the reality does not meet the assumption, they blame the game developers? Makes sense
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
I'm not a hater, I just have a low threshold for stupid.
#20vital_tundraPosted 10/3/2013 8:22:09 PM
the_NGW posted...
inTaCtfuL posted...
I'm no artist and I can't even draw a stick figure but i never got all the b****** and moaning about inanimate pokemon. most rpgs have stuff like trash for monsters, clocks, violins and other random crap. why should pokemon be different?

Thats not true at all.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)