This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creativity and objects.

#61wind64aPosted 10/4/2013 12:35:56 AM
SpikeTbear posted...

I'm having a little trouble with Klefki. This design, more than most others, directly features man made objects. I understand that it stole them, OK. A klepto Pokemon is pretty cool. But I wonder how many thousands of people lost their house and car keys in the Kalos region? Jeeze, must be a hassle to live there. Without the keys, I actually like its design a lot.

The one I really don't like is Vanilluxe. This Pokemon is overall OK I suppose. The thing that gets me is the straw. This is a way for a person to eat and kill this Pokemon. Am I supposed to believe it's born, from its mother's womb, with a straw already sticking out of its brain? Is it born to be eaten?

Apparently some people give the Pokémon their keys for safe-keeping so, not all of them were stolen. They probably work kind of like some goblins and protective dragons that safeguard valuables.

Interesting. I always thought the "Straw" was actually an appendage used to expel excess heat. The surface area to volume ratio of Vanilluxe is kind of poor, and it probably needs the extra help.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#62SpikeTbearPosted 10/4/2013 12:40:29 AM
wind64a posted...
SpikeTbear posted...

I'm having a little trouble with Klefki. This design, more than most others, directly features man made objects. I understand that it stole them, OK. A klepto Pokemon is pretty cool. But I wonder how many thousands of people lost their house and car keys in the Kalos region? Jeeze, must be a hassle to live there. Without the keys, I actually like its design a lot.

The one I really don't like is Vanilluxe. This Pokemon is overall OK I suppose. The thing that gets me is the straw. This is a way for a person to eat and kill this Pokemon. Am I supposed to believe it's born, from its mother's womb, with a straw already sticking out of its brain? Is it born to be eaten?

Apparently some people give the Pokémon their keys for safe-keeping so, not all of them were stolen. They probably work kind of like some goblins and protective dragons that safeguard valuables.

Interesting. I always thought the "Straw" was actually an appendage used to expel excess heat. The surface area to volume ratio of Vanilluxe is kind of poor, and it probably needs the extra help.

Whether Klefka stole the keys or not, it's still weird that hundreds and hundreds of people will never get their keys back because we will have them in our PC boxes.

As for Vanilluxe's straw, I suppose it could work that way. It is terribly weak, after all. But it just looks like...a straw...
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#63wind64aPosted 10/4/2013 12:51:49 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
wind64a posted...
SpikeTbear posted...

Whether Klefka stole the keys or not, it's still weird that hundreds and hundreds of people will never get their keys back because we will have them in our PC boxes.

As for Vanilluxe's straw, I suppose it could work that way. It is terribly weak, after all. But it just looks like...a straw...

I'd imagine that most of the ones leant keys are used as pets, and the visual we're given is a default. It's likely that the ones we'd have in boxes are wearing keys that were thrown out after either locks were changed, or the spares were no longer needed.

The point of Vanilluxe is that it appears to be what it isn't. Vanilluxe evokes the image of ice cream, but is actually just rocks and ice. The "Straw" just continues the trend of a deceiving appearance.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#64ShadowMaster684Posted 10/4/2013 12:54:49 AM
I don't have a problem with them making object-based Pokemon, but I don't use them, myself. I like thinking of them as pets, and that just...makes it abnormal for me.
#65utsusuzeroPosted 10/4/2013 12:55:48 AM
My real problem is, is not that Klefki or Garbodor aren't based on animals...

Is that they are human-made inorganic ... things.

At least, some inorganic pokemon as far as I know have some explanation that makes them organic and accepted by nature, like Muk, this pokemon came to life from toxic material by it's own. Or Voltorb or Magnimite. Even Porygon and Mewtwo seems organic.

But things of everyday use created by us, doesn't appeals me.

I'm not an artist or anything, and you can't take my opinion as absolute truth. But this is how i feel.
---
I hope Crapcom goes bankrupt. That's what they deserve for killing Megaman.
#66SpikeTbearPosted 10/4/2013 12:56:18 AM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
I don't have a problem with them making object-based Pokemon, but I don't use them, myself. I like thinking of them as pets, and that just...makes it abnormal for me.

Oh, but wouldn't you just love to have a pet lawn mower?
---
#67ShadowMaster684Posted 10/4/2013 1:05:20 AM
SpikeTbear posted...

Strangely enough, I prefer things like cats and dogs, and the occasional squid.
#68DLOArceusPosted 10/4/2013 1:11:47 AM
utsusuzero posted...
My real problem is, is not that Klefki or Garbodor aren't based on animals...

Is that they are human-made inorganic ... things.

At least, some inorganic pokemon as far as I know have some explanation that makes them organic and accepted by nature, like Muk, this pokemon came to life from toxic material by it's own. Or Voltorb or Magnimite. Even Porygon and Mewtwo seems organic.

But things of everyday use created by us, doesn't appeals me.

I'm not an artist or anything, and you can't take my opinion as absolute truth. But this is how i feel.

So you forcibly skipped Trubbish's dex entry?

White
The combination of garbage bags and industrial waste caused the chemical reaction that created this Pokémon.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#69SpikeTbearPosted 10/4/2013 1:14:05 AM
SpikeTbear posted...

It would be really weird to have something like Jynx or Mr. Mime as a pet. They would be sitting in my house...doing stuff...and I would be trying to go about my day, but I would have to keep staring at them in both fascination and disgust. Or a pet Steelix, who would be larger than my house.
---
#70ShadowMaster684Posted 10/4/2013 1:16:08 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
SpikeTbear posted...

It would be really weird to have something like Jynx or Mr. Mime as a pet. They would be sitting in my house...doing stuff...and I would be trying to go about my day, but I would have to keep staring at them in both fascination and disgust. Or a pet Steelix, who would be larger than my house.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the humanoid ones, either, personally. I find those even more unsettling than the object-based ones.

But then, I almost always play with dragons. It's practically a fetish.

(But not really. Don't ever get that idea. Probably should not have used that term on this board.)