This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Creativity and objects.

#81CA0001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 9:59:36 AM(edited)
I just read everything since I came back from work, take this as a bump for people who are waking up on the other side of the world from me who will realise the existence of Klefki.

I understand that some people have problems with aesthetics, but that is purely subjective so I won't argue with that.

Also there are people who have problems with object Pokemon simply because they are inanimate in the first place and thus feel that they don't relate to them much.

This is also subjective to a certain extent, but people can become very attached to objects as well, not just teddy bears or tokens of memory, but simply to objects that they have taken a liking to.

My argument isn't really about whether you can like objects or not, but to justify that object Pokemon often involves a greater creative process than animal Pokemon.

I am arguing most specifically towards complainers who whine about "Gamefreak is running out of ideas", "Gamefreak is lazy" and "not original" etc. type of complains.

It is this type of audience who are creatively lacking themselves, who don't understand the process of creating a character, especially those inspired by inanimate objects.

EDIT: And while you guys wake up, it is my time to sleep.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#82D_BartPosted 10/4/2013 10:00:32 AM
CA0001 posted...
It is this type of audience who are creatively lacking themselves, who don't understand the process of creating a character, especially those inspired by inanimate objects.

While I agree with the vast majority of what you have said, more or less claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is creatively bankrupt is ridiculous.
---
Splash
#83CA0001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:03:31 AM(edited)
D_Bart posted...
CA0001 posted...

While I agree with the vast majority of what you have said, more or less claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is creatively bankrupt is ridiculous.

Creatively backrupt and lacking is a big difference, a leap away from being creative and completely incapable of being creative are two separate things.

Creativity itself is a practice and requires training, no one is a creative genius from the start.

These people just need to work their creative juices.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#84jepplyPosted 10/4/2013 9:05:50 PM
Zamphias posted...
Who are you to say people lack creativity because they don't like a particular "theme" of a Pokemon? Ooh big deal, I can make a goddamn sock a Pokemon. It crawls around like a worm and steals socks out of your clothes dryer because it thinks they're its babies. Ooooh am I creative now?

How is "it's and object that magically came to life" any more creative than "it's a turtle that shoots water out its mouth"

Yes
---
Look up.