This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do so many people not use the 3D on the 3DS?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do so many people not use the 3D on the 3DS?

User Info: atopp399

atopp399
3 years ago#181
I don't use it because I have to think about it. It is not natural and it's like I have to concentrate or refocus too much on the screen rather than just enjoy the game.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
3 years ago#182
I'm blind of my left eye
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets an on TV.

User Info: zen120

zen120
3 years ago#183
apparently those 10% are all on this board.
My signature was abducted by aliens of the planet Kleeox 5. They will hold it there until I pay the ransom of 7 jellyfish, 2 marmoset babies, and a shrubbery.

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
3 years ago#184
It drains the battery. I only use it when I'm charging.
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma

User Info: Midgard777

Midgard777
3 years ago#185
I use the 3D effects all the time because it adds to the experience for me. Also, i don't mind the shorter battery life, mainly because I don't have that much time to play my 3DS any more. What I find strange is how many people have issues with holding the 3DS in the same spot. I have no special ability to hold still, and I tend to actually move around alot if I try and sit still for any amount of time but I've never had an issue with seeing the 3D effects

User Info: Kraytdragon444

Kraytdragon444
3 years ago#186
I can see the effect just fine, and it doesn't hurt my eyes, but here's why I personally don't make use of it:

1: It drains your battery.

2: The effect would be more impressive if it added "pop-up" rather than just depth

3: It's the kinda thing you show your friends once so they go "woooah" and buy one.

4: It makes the images jaggier

5: It decreases the framerate on certain games (If you turn off the 3D from the menu in monster hunter 3, you get a noticeable framerate boost.)

6: It's not really required for any games aside from some aesthetics.

7: The DS adding touch screen added new ways to manipulate menus and solve puzzles etc. The 3D in 3DS doesn't add any new innovative ways to play games.

8: Its just not as pleasing on a small screen compared to playing on a desktop computer.

I'm not saying the 3D is bad, or anything like that, but those are some of the reasons I personally don't use it.
---
---

User Info: fadeca

fadeca
3 years ago#187
Its hurts my eyes everytime I turn it on, and plus its a 100% useless gimmick.

User Info: narutogeek101

narutogeek101
3 years ago#188
It literally makes my eyes start to hurt if I have it on too long. I do turn it on for cutscenes though.

User Info: Unbridled9

Unbridled9
3 years ago#189
Cause it takes a lot of fine tuning to get just the right setting, then someone bumps you and it's all for nothing.
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!

User Info: Zarren364

Zarren364
3 years ago#190
I'm almost legally blind in one eye so the whole 3d thing doesn't work that well for me. Otherwise I don't really see how it can add that much into the game that I can't get without turning it on. I also think that it drains the battery faster, but I'm 100% sure on that.
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do so many people not use the 3D on the 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived