This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheap move Nintendo

#11Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/4/2013 4:30:44 PM
aaron1111 posted...
Move along here people. It's more of the *only 70 Pokemon* crap

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380922632103.png

#12aaron1111Posted 10/4/2013 4:32:53 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
aaron1111 posted...
Move along here people. It's more of the *only 70 Pokemon* crap

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380922632103.png

Because 4Chan leakers have showed us all the Pokemon in the game so far....
#13gamermasterwizPosted 10/4/2013 4:34:42 PM
And they're using Mega Evolutions as an excuse because their team are running out of ideas on what evolutions to give Delibird, Mawile, Farfectch'd and Dunsparce.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#14MayorofParadisePosted 10/4/2013 5:46:39 PM
Guys. If you don't like a certain Pokemon design, DON'T CATCH IT. simple as that. Still, I can see why they did that. Sure, we want leaks, but I can understand they are trying to keep some things secret for the surprise element. Marketing techniques aside, this game looks to be the best game yet because of its vast world.
#15DrakoVongola1Posted 10/4/2013 5:48:42 PM(edited)
Wolfie_Claws posted...
Now i realise why Nintendo wanted the game out worldwide and are trying to avoid leaks as much as possible. Everything Nintendo has released oficially has been awesome, but everything leaked so far har been crap (Except for Klefki and Goomy). I mean, only 70 new pokemon, lack of post-game, most of the un revealed pokemon looks terrible. I'm not at all hating on this game, i will probably play it to death, but i think its pretty cheap of Nintendo to just tell everyone about the good stuff so they will pre order it, then just leave out huge details about the game that sucks and may get alot of people to not wanna play it.

What you have just described, sir, is what we call "Marketing". They're supposed to make you want the game, they're not supposed to talk about the bad stuff, not that really any of the new Pokemon are bad, the worst is Delphox (IMO) and it's not too bad.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#16GamerFan210Posted 10/4/2013 5:56:10 PM
I'm going to be the odd man out and say that none of the pokemon leaked I hate. They all look unique in their own way. About post game content the series haven't seen that since Silver and Gold and there is always online and trying to fill up the pokedex.
#17twinbroz11Posted 10/4/2013 5:57:01 PM
The game doesn't suck, but he has a point. Its a strategy of marketing. And they did their job great as well. It builds hype and spreads like wild fire. I know people who haven't played since Pokemon Blue and they are excited for the game.

I think the transition from pixels to 3D and the huge Meta game change up took most of their time and capital to develope, thus the lack of Pokemon in fans opinion.

There will be more generations, and the 3D Models can be copy and pasted, watch 7th Gen make up for the amount of Pokemon. Most of the Pokemon being Fairy types due to its introduction.
#18SidMendham1660Posted 10/4/2013 5:59:16 PM
Wolfie_Claws posted...
Now i realise why Nintendo wanted the game out worldwide and are trying to avoid leaks as much as possible. Everything Nintendo has released oficially has been awesome, but everything leaked so far har been crap (Except for Klefki and Goomy). I mean, only 70 new pokemon, lack of post-game, most of the un revealed pokemon looks terrible. I'm not at all hating on this game, i will probably play it to death, but i think its pretty cheap of Nintendo to just tell everyone about the good stuff so they will pre order it, then just leave out huge details about the game that sucks and may get alot of people to not wanna play it.

It looks like you're talking about Gen 5, but with Gen 6 examples.
---
In own honest and humble OPINION:
I believe Pokemon Black 1 and White 1 are Halo overrated and Mega Evolutions are unnecessary.
#19EternalNetherPosted 10/4/2013 6:04:35 PM
Couple of things because I'm trying to avoid most spoilers:

1) Have they confirmed only 70, or have the leakers only shown us 70? And I don't mind that as much, there're tons of Pokemon to pick from.

2) Similar to above, have the leakers confirmed there being no post-game content? Or has there just not been any leaks about it? And is there nothing at all, or just very little? I guess it's silly to expect Black 2/White 2 post-game content levels.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035 Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus
#20EpsteinBarrPosted 10/4/2013 6:17:37 PM
DarkOceanNights posted...
Worst opinion anyone has every had before.

Naw, TC has a point. The revealed stuff is awesome, but I was surprised just how crappy the leaks have been. At least there's enough good to outweigh the bad!