This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will you go about playing the game?

#1legitgamer405Posted 10/4/2013 8:13:55 PM
Do you have a plan for X and Y?

Take your time and catch all the Pokemon as you progress?
Speed through the game?
Do a one-Pokemon run?
Maybe even a Nuzlocke or a Nuzlocke variant?

What else will you do?

Pokemon Amie?
Other minigames?
Global Link (Dream World)?
Complete the Pokedex?
Do some competitive battling?
Breeding?
Bench sitting?
Dress up time?

These are just ideas since there's a lot to do. I'm going to take my time and catch all the Pokemon I can get as I progress. I'll also legitimately get a living dex. Maybe create some competitive Pokemon from Pokegen and battle some friends. :3 I'll be using the Global Link and Pokemon Amie. Definitely gotta do some bench sitting and dress my character in different outfits though.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641.
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X Board! Can't wait for X and Y!
#2SamuraiLloydPosted 10/4/2013 8:16:34 PM
I'm gonna take my time, enjoying the game and catch all the Pokemon I can. I'm also definitely gonna be fiddling with the Customization feature a lot since I've wanted it in a handheld game for a long time.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#3PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/4/2013 8:18:17 PM
I think I'm going to set the Language to Japanese in X(main copy) and English for Y.

I'll reset for a starter with a good nature, catch at least 10 of every Pokemon I find, pick the highest stats and EV train them with 252/252 spreads judging by the overall way the stats are laid out for them, using traditional methods and Super Training.

Explore throughly, take advantage of wonder trade, pimp my trainer to look like me, and just goof off.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)
#4JiriliciousPosted 10/4/2013 8:18:56 PM
Catching every Pokemon, buying all the clothes, etc.

Taking it slow.
---
Black 2 FC: Krystal - 4427 9698 9639
#5legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:19:53 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
I think I'm going to set the Language to Japanese in X(main copy) and English for Y.

I'll reset for a starter with a good nature, catch at least 10 of every Pokemon I find, pick the highest stats and EV train them with 252/252 spreads judging by the overall way the stats are laid out for them, using traditional methods and Super Training.

Explore throughly, take advantage of wonder trade, pimp my trainer to look like me, and just goof off.

Hopefully RNG abuse will be available soon, and it will be easier. I'm looking forward to try out RNG abuse this gen. I haven't tried it before.
---
#6legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:21:19 PM
And also, Wonder Trade seems pretty cool... But Ik people will just put in hacked Pokemon or magikarp just to make little kids sad. :(
---
#7sahilmohammadPosted 10/4/2013 8:24:53 PM
Take my time, catching, and training Pokemon. I will be talking to every single npc I run into, and explore every square inch of the region. Try to make a living dex, and train Pokemon to level 100
---
Pokemon X is gonna be dope
#8RPGgamer777Posted 10/4/2013 8:25:31 PM
Naked & sweaty
---
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." - Act I Scene IV
#9PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/4/2013 8:32:07 PM
legitgamer405 posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

Hopefully RNG abuse will be available soon, and it will be easier. I'm looking forward to try out RNG abuse this gen. I haven't tried it before.

Could never do it in Emerald, then suddenly 3 Shiny Adamant Whismurs in a row after SR looking for a Shiny Ditto.<______<

If any consolation, I got it by accident eventually.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)