This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they don't pull another another Gen 2.

#1Sloth9230Posted 10/4/2013 10:40:29 PM
Making Houndoom, Sneasel, Murkrow, and Tyranitar all post game content while Johto was jam packed with Kanto mons was simply inexcusable in my opinion. Houndour could have easily shared routes with Growlithe. Why wasn't Sneasel in the ice paths? And why was it added in Crystal and then removed again for the remakes? What, you couldn't some Pidgey and Spearow and put Murkrow somewhere? Larvitar was the only one who really deserved to be post game if they didn't feel like putting it on Victory Road.

And it feels like they're going to do it again, shoehorning as many the old mons as they can and then randomly placing the new mons wherever. Why? The new pokemon should have had priority over stuff like Psyduck and Pikachu who've been in the limelight for 5 generations already.

I love my Nidoking, but I would have preferred not seeing him till after the E4 if it meant I actually got to see all the new pokemon before that :(
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 10/4/2013 10:41:36 PM
Because Gen 2 was the best gen obviously.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3GooperBlooperPosted 10/4/2013 10:41:47 PM
I agree, that's why I think Gen 2 is so stupid. Not only does it have a s***ton of useless new Pokemon, but a lot of the good ones you couldn't get until postgame. Inexcusable.
---
The Blooper has spoken.
#4TherianReturnsPosted 10/4/2013 10:42:39 PM
Or, you can not be shacked by the chains of Gamefreak and do one playthrough of a game, complete it, get eggs for the post-game pokemon, trade them to the start of a new playthrough and voila.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#5NeonDragon9000Posted 10/4/2013 10:42:41 PM
And yet when Gen 3 was released, one of the biggest complaints was it didn't have enough old Pokemon.

Bottom line, the fan base is stupid and doesn't know what they want.
---
#6LightningAce11Posted 10/4/2013 10:43:18 PM
I hope they never repeat anything gen 2 did. It was horrible.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#7Sloth9230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:44:06 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Because Gen 2 was the best gen obviously.

I used to love it as a kid because I had actually never played Red or Blue, but then I played HG after playing Fire Red back in Gen 3... and just like that, all the nostalgia went away :(
#8360pagesPosted 10/4/2013 10:45:10 PM
I would rather have that than some of the obscure crap that they pulled with some of the pokemon in Gen 3.

Recalth, Bagon, Feebs, good luck getting them playing through the game normally.

Also, people don't hate Gen 3 because of the new pokemon during the playthrough, they hate it because you couldn't get old pokemon at all and you needed to either by the Gamecube games or FR/LG to get any old ones.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#9NeonDragon9000Posted 10/4/2013 10:45:28 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
I hope they never repeat anything gen 2 did. It was horrible.

They're repeating the notion of Grass/Fire/Water starters, 8 Gyms and an Elite Four.
---
#10jokrayzPosted 10/4/2013 10:46:26 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
And yet when Gen 3 was released, one of the biggest complaints was it didn't have enough old Pokemon.

Bottom line, the fan base is stupid and doesn't know what they want.

oh no no sir. It's more like they just like complain and whine about every little drop of water.