This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they don't pull another another Gen 2.

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/4/2013 11:47:38 PM
GooperBlooper posted...
I agree, that's why I think Gen 2 is so stupid. Not only does it have a s***ton of useless new Pokemon, but a lot of the good ones you couldn't get until postgame. Inexcusable.

I'm pretty sure Game Freak didn't intentionally sit around the design table and go :

"Let's make sure a majority of Gen II Pokemon suck! Bwahahahaha, they fail hard, we've succeeded."

Just saying. The rest of the statements I agree with though on being obtainable mainly post game.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12MoskidoPosted 10/4/2013 11:50:38 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
And yet when Gen 3 was released, one of the biggest complaints was it didn't have enough old Pokemon.

Bottom line, the fan base is stupid and doesn't know what they want.

I complained, simply because you HAD to use Pokemon Colosseum and other things to get old pokemon after they made mostly all from Gen I and II inaccessible due to the revamp and adding of features.
---
GT: XBPD x OVOXO | Twitter: @ImNotAbSoul
"What are you, a monk?" - Vincent Hanna
#13Sloth9230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 11:51:51 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
And yet when Gen 3 was released, one of the biggest complaints was it didn't have enough old Pokemon.

Bottom line, the fan base is stupid and doesn't know what they want.

It also didn't have a method to import stuff from Gen 2, I'm sure that would have ended most of those complaints. Or I was sure... then people made same complaints about B/W...

Anyway, personally I prefer playing with the new monsters over older monsters. My ideal method would have been the one used for B2/W2 with most of the old mons returning but being rarer than the Unova ones.Although we did lose Seismitoad, Zebstrika, Swoobat, and the the fossils.

And don't say "fan base", we all have our own unique tastes, of course Gamefreak can't please everyone.
#14DrOchasioPosted 10/4/2013 11:52:01 PM
Gen 2 was basically Gen 1.5

Falkner used a Pidgey and Pidgeotto over Hoothoot or Natu, at least use a Hoothoot it can be found right next to your gym
---
mega bananasaurus is a thing I wish for daily
#15Sloth9230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 11:57:13 PM
DrOchasio posted...
Gen 2 was basically Gen 1.5

Falkner used a Pidgey and Pidgeotto over Hoothoot or Natu, at least use a Hoothoot it can be found right next to your gym

Bugsy "what are Ardiados, Ledya, and Heracross?", Morty packs two haunter instead of a Misdreavus. Chuck... still no Heracross.

So much fail...
#16gamermasterwizPosted 10/5/2013 1:15:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17bd43Posted 10/5/2013 1:15:35 AM
Even if they did save some of the few pokemon for the post game, the game has tons of pokemon. There are worse things they can do right now.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#18Sloth9230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 9:05:59 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Or, you can not be shacked by the chains of Gamefreak and do one playthrough of a game, complete it, get eggs for the post-game pokemon, trade them to the start of a new playthrough and voila.

Well yeah, I do do that sometimes, but that doesn't mean that I still don't think it's a bad design choice. Plus, I don't feel like getting a 2nd 3Ds just yet. Hopefully the Daycare is early and I can just trade on the GTS.
#19gamermasterwizPosted 10/5/2013 5:57:58 PM
I think Kalos Pokemon aren't gonna be memorable like Sinnoh and Johto. They'll be remembered as the Pokemon from the Fairy region.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#20FredCat07Posted 10/5/2013 5:59:37 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
I hope they never repeat anything gen 2 did. It was horrible.

They're repeating the notion of Grass/Fire/Water starters, 8 Gyms and an Elite Four.

That's traditional formula for each Pokemon games, on handheld consoles. I don't see any problem with that.

Also you forgot to mention "Champions" - that's major part to complete the game, or at least continued it, in Black/White cases.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language - deal with it!
"ESL" is standing for "English Sign Language", period.