This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gary is probably coming back in the anime

#1Flame552Posted 10/5/2013 6:47:21 AM
Along with his pseudo-reintroduction in Origins, Serena is apparently another one of Ash's childhood friends so you can't not being up Gary in conversations about their past history.

And Gary has an Aerodactyl now; Mega-Charizard vs Mega-Aerodactyl fight?
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 10/5/2013 6:48:52 AM
No mega blastoise?

I am dissapoint
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#3InhaledCornPosted 10/5/2013 6:48:59 AM
What, no Mega-stoise vs Mega-zard? I would think Mega-stoise for Gary would make more sense.

I think it would be a super-special episode where Gary's trying to unlock more secrets of Mega Evolution. It might happen at the Tower of Mastery.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#4Flame552(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 6:51:04 AM
pkmnpkmn posted...
No mega blastoise?

I am dissapoint

I don't want to spoiler it for myself, but after that reveal about Charizard X in Origins, I sort of assumed that Mega battle happened over in that show.
#5JackSolomonPosted 10/5/2013 6:52:08 AM
Hm... I don't know. If they go the typical 'hero has a childhood friend he doesn't remember but she really likes him' route like a suspect, it'd be weird if Gary pops by and goes: "Oh yeah! Serena! How do you not remember her, Ash?!"

If they pleasantly surprise me, and Ash totally remembers her, then yeah, I could see Gary coming back. They could even set it up: Gary's become a Pokemon researcher, Ash is dropping by Kalos, where Mega Evolution is a new thing, Ash tells Oak, Oak sends Gary to go check it out and consult with Sycamore, Gary and Ash have their Mega battle for Gary to study Mega Evolution first hand.
#6JacornonthecobPosted 10/5/2013 6:52:27 AM
Flame552 posted...
pkmnpkmn posted...
No mega blastoise?

I am dissapoint

I don't want to spoiler it for myself, but after that reveal about Charizard X in Origins, I sort of assumed that Mega battle happened over in that show.

Nah, he doesn't mega evolve until he fights Mewtwo.
#7SakurafanboyPosted 10/5/2013 7:12:08 AM
Question is; which Mega Charizard will Ash get?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#8J_D_GuyPosted 10/5/2013 7:13:43 AM
JackSolomon posted...
Hm... I don't know. If they go the typical 'hero has a childhood friend he doesn't remember but she really likes him' route like a suspect, it'd be weird if Gary pops by and goes: "Oh yeah! Serena! How do you not remember her, Ash?!"

If they pleasantly surprise me, and Ash totally remembers her, then yeah, I could see Gary coming back. They could even set it up: Gary's become a Pokemon researcher, Ash is dropping by Kalos, where Mega Evolution is a new thing, Ash tells Oak, Oak sends Gary to go check it out and consult with Sycamore, Gary and Ash have their Mega battle for Gary to study Mega Evolution first hand.

My guess is, the route the writers will take is the "slow" one, so as not to finish the plot-line to quickly.

Serena will recall Ash, maybe not by name, but by face and actions, and will then decide to follow him (alongside Clemont and Bonnie). Ash, for his part, will not remember Serena, at least not right away. Depending on how long they wish to keep the plot-line open and also on how much Serena actually remembers, this will go on for a while. I suspect that Ash may have save Serena somehow, or inspired her in someway. If so, the same circumstance that made Serena notice Ash will occur again at some point, at which time Ash may then remember.

The thing is, I think the events Serena remembers was more important of her and impacted her more than they did Ash. I don't know for sure how much they knew each other or played with each other or if they were even good friends. My guess is not so much. The only person/kid from Ash's past that was relevant is Gary, so that would be the only on he'd really have a reason to remember.

Beyond that, I personally don't think Gary will show up for the sole purpose of meeting Serena and rubbing it in Ash face that he doesn't remember. I do see a possibility of him to return to showcase Mega Blastoise, and have it battle Ash's Mega Charizard, though they'd need a reason first. In that situation, Gary possibly commenting on Serena would be warranted.

If the writer choose to go that path, of course.
---
Hello to All! ^_^
3DS FC: 4613-6252-1946
#9Puglia77Posted 10/5/2013 7:14:56 AM
Flame552 posted...
Along with his pseudo-reintroduction in Origins

Gary never appeared in Origins, that was Green.
---
http://i.imgur.com/owg7M.jpg http://i.imgur.com/VQ1XI.png
http://i.imgur.com/PqjhbZm.jpg http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8492/4cxl.png
#10J_D_GuyPosted 10/5/2013 7:15:25 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Question is; which Mega Charizard will Ash get?

I say both at different times, assuming they'll advertise Mega Charizard through Ash.
---
Hello to All! ^_^
3DS FC: 4613-6252-1946