This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gary is probably coming back in the anime

#21PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/5/2013 8:54:08 AM
Sorry, I grew out of watching the anime after I turned 10.

Yet you still speak as though you know enough to still comment on it.

But I suppose believing willful ignorance is a good thing in a debate is fine by you?
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)
#22KingChickadeePosted 10/5/2013 8:54:37 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
BikkiBikki posted...
Doesn't Mega evolving require a strong bond? Last I remembered, Ash and Charizard weren't as close as Red and his.

So, did you not watch anything after Indigo League or just trying to pass that off as fact? The incident in Orange League turned Charizard from ungrateful bastard to Ash's BFF.

Charizard is too good for that trash Ash
That's why he left him for that huge Charizard mafia
---
Immortality can in fact be achieved. Just not the type of immortality that everyone wants.
#23BikkiBikkiPosted 10/5/2013 8:56:52 AM

But I suppose believing willful ignorance is a good thing in a debate is fine by you?

Well, I know Charizard and Ash got on better terms, but no where near as close as Red and his. I would think the only Pokemon Ash has that would be even close to being able to mega would be Pikachu, even though he'll never evolve it.
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#24PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/5/2013 8:57:32 AM
KingChickadee posted...
BikkiBikki posted...
Doesn't Mega evolving require a strong bond? Last I remembered, Ash and Charizard weren't as close as Red and his.

So, did you not watch anything after Indigo League or just trying to pass that off as fact? The incident in Orange League turned Charizard from ungrateful bastard to Ash's BFF.

Troll harder. No, at least make it funny so I can joke back with you on this.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)
#25PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/5/2013 9:04:17 AM(edited)
BikkiBikki posted...

Well, I know Charizard and Ash got on better terms, but no where near as close as Red and his. I would think the only Pokemon Ash has that would be even close to being able to mega would be Pikachu, even though he'll never evolve it.

There is nothing in Origins that suggests that especially when in the anime Ash has shown to be willing to risk his life for all his Pokemon and even those not of his.

Red would go into the battle to try and save his Charizard from getting impaled by rocks. Ash has endured being set on fire and bitten at the same time, jumping off buildings and taking the full to save his, and taking all sorts hits, even one from Mew and Mewtwo to save others fighting to the death which cost him his life.

It's not even a matter of saying Ash is more extreme about it than Red, but saying Ash doesn't even have as much dedication as Red demonstrated to his Charizard is just wrong.
---
#26Flame552(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 9:25:27 AM(edited)
KingChickadee posted...
BikkiBikki posted...

Troll harder. No, at least make it funny so I can joke back with you on this.

Well, I'm at least glad you learned how to quote; the bold text was kinda weird as a way of responding to other people.

And this one wasn't really a trolling attempt; the Charizard Valley is kinda mafia-like and kinda Temple-Of-Proud-Warrior-Race-Perfecting-Battle-like.

For he who stopped watching when he was 10, Charizard grew out of it pretty early on after the Indigo Plateau, so you just missed it. Since, he's been considered arguably Ash's most loyal, but certainly his strongest, pokemon for the past 700+ episodes.

Since then, Charizard showing up has typically been foreshadowing for something BIG going down, whether it be movie or in the show; when Ash feels the need to call in his strongest, it's cause he needs it.

As for Ash possibly not remembering Serena...well, I mean, if Serena travels with Ash for a little, after seeing the frequent electrical shocks from Pikachu and constantly falling into the same pitfall trap Team Rocket uses on him every other day or so, I think she'll forgive his memory loss compared to Gary, who hasn't canonically died half a dozen times.

And they went back to the original character models, so that's at least a step in the right direction. Now all they need is for the Unova arc or the GS Ball arc to not repeat itself and it'll be golden.
#27PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/5/2013 7:47:40 PM
The only reason I bold posts is when they are too long, and I don't know the proper way to edit the HTML when more than one post is quoted, and the fact that I'm a lazy bastard that's used to doing it the old fashioned way.

Ususally a combo of both.<.<
---
#28Flame552(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 8:06:09 PM
bump