This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Haven't played a pokemon game since Red.

#1Mystickay86Posted 10/5/2013 8:17:50 AM
Since the last Nintendo I had was the original gameboy. Question, are my precious 150 original pokemons in this game, and how many new ones are there for me to experience, if I have only played Red?
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#2BadDecisionsPosted 10/5/2013 8:20:57 AM
There were 151 in Red, many of which not catchable if you only had Red and no friends with Blue, and there are over 700 now. Lots of new pals.

As far as the old ones go, this game looks like it'll have a huge nostalgia wank and include most of them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#3StevenDrkPrincePosted 10/5/2013 8:21:18 AM
There are about 600+ new ones, and most, if not all, of the Kanto Pokemon are in the game.
---
3DS XL FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." LOOKING FOR PUDGE
#4peetamellarkPosted 10/5/2013 8:21:45 AM
yes and all together there is like over 700 pokemon
#5wolvevicePosted 10/5/2013 8:24:01 AM
Am curious, why would you start now if you haven't played since red? And why did you quit after red? Not discouraging you though you should totally play pokemon! They are so fun.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC 4986 3951 8358
Experience will make you become as close as God as you could ever be. But don't worry you'll never make it that far.
#6peetamellarkPosted 10/5/2013 8:26:17 AM
well he said he has not had a nintendo system since the gameboy
#7Flame552Posted 10/5/2013 8:29:25 AM
Mystickay86 posted...
Since the last Nintendo I had was the original gameboy. Question, are my precious 150 original pokemons in this game, and how many new ones are there for me to experience, if I have only played Red?

A very good amount of them seem to be in this game so far, and you're even given one of the original starters of your choice pretty early on.

There are at least 450 pokemon in this game, given the size of the pokedex.
#8Mystickay86(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 9:44:16 AM
wolvevice posted...
Am curious, why would you start now if you haven't played since red? And why did you quit after red? Not discouraging you though you should totally play pokemon! They are so fun.

Thanks for the replies guys. As for only playing Red(I played against Blue version during middle school :P), I just never had the chance to purchase any nintendo handheld. I stick with mostly consoles.

I bought 3DS because the lack of JRPG's this generation(Don't have Wii/WiiU), and I just bought it two months ago with Fire Emblem & Shin Megami Tensei IV, and i'm addicted to both of them. I want to relive my childhood years and purchase Pokemon X/Y for that nostalgia/fun factor. I'm really excited for this game. The 150 original pokemons will always be my favorite before these new pokemons that will be introduced to me.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#9Flame552Posted 10/6/2013 2:46:15 PM
Mystickay86 posted...
wolvevice posted...

Thanks for the replies guys. As for only playing Red(I played against Blue version during middle school :P), I just never had the chance to purchase any nintendo handheld. I stick with mostly consoles.

I bought 3DS because the lack of JRPG's this generation(Don't have Wii/WiiU), and I just bought it two months ago with Fire Emblem & Shin Megami Tensei IV, and i'm addicted to both of them. I want to relive my childhood years and purchase Pokemon X/Y for that nostalgia/fun factor. I'm really excited for this game. The 150 original pokemons will always be my favorite before these new pokemons that will be introduced to me.

The dex is still being compiled, but it's close enough done that I counted and got 99 Pokemon from 1st Gen in the game.

From the promotional videos we know Mewtwo is also in the game somewhere, so that currently gives us 100 known pokemon from the original 150.

While it's always possible some of the vacant numbers will be filled in with them, here are a few of the lines I noticed were missing:
1) Paras
2) Venonat
3) Voltorb
4) Grimer
5) Growlithe
6) Vulpix
7) Ponyta
8) Seel
9) >>See the next one
10) Both of the fossil pokemon you get in Mt. Moon
11) Lickitung
12) Spearow
13) Hitmonchan
14) Hitmonlee
15) Drowzee

Which accounts for 27 of the 50 pokemon unaccounted for at the moment.

Some people have been saying the Legendary Birds are in this game too, so the number may be higher than 100.

All in all, we're looking at a little over 2/3rds of the original 150 in the game...not bad.