This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confused about trading pokemon using one version to transfer pokemon to another.

#1STHSWNPosted 10/5/2013 3:22:39 PM
So I'm planning on buying both version and when I complete both games, I want to transfer all the pokemon exclusives from the Y version to the X version. but I have some questions about this. I have used this method in every gen but can I use the poke bank to transfer my pokemon from the Y version to the poke bank and then transfer those pokemon from the poke bank to the x version or will it be version locked?

Also I just bought a 3DS XL and I don't know much about it, so I'm planning on buying physical copies of both versions, so can I trade pokemon if I play both versions on one 3DS and then borrow another 3ds to trade pokemon, assuming the poke bank mehtod I mentioned doesn't work, or are the physical copies of the games locked onto the gaming system, meaning that I can't play this 3ds game if I have played it on the first 3ds that it was played on.
#2GreatHammurabiPosted 10/5/2013 3:25:15 PM
As far as I understand you can easily use the Pokebank to transfer from one game to another with only one 3DS. The Pokemon cannot be holding any items, however.

Also, the Pokebank doesn't launch until December 27th. (I think.) So you'll have to wait a bit to do what you want to do.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692